Waltrip's Talladega car to honor AU

RunInRed

Pretty cool...

Michael Waltrip is scheduled to make one of his few appearances as a NASCAR Sprint Cup driver this season at Talladega Superspeedway for the Aaron's 499 on April 17.

When he does, his No. 15 Toyota Camry sponsored by Aaron's will carry a special paint scheme honoring the Auburn Tigers national championship football team.

24mch0l.jpg

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/03/michael_waltrips_entry_at_tall.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just called my dad to tell him about this. I'm not a NASCAR fan, and he makes fun of me all the time. Hope it doesn't crash!

Hey......

It would be magical if Mikey could bring that thing home a winner....all those Bammers in the stands would choke! :roflol:

Not a fan of nastycar in the least but its kinda cool especially with all the fabricated negative press we've had to deal with for the last 5 months. I just don't get watching a bunch of rednecks making left turns all day. I would rather watch paint dry.

If Waltrip wins, USA Today headline... "WALTRIP CHEATS HIS VAY TO VICTORY"

Thayer would chime in with the breaking news that Mikey was paid to drive the car...

Not a fan of nastycar in the least but its kinda cool especially with all the fabricated negative press we've had to deal with for the last 5 months. I just don't get watching a bunch of rednecks making left turns all day. I would rather watch paint dry.

I grew up around it and enjoy it, but it has changed so much over the years that I'd rather be in Auburn for baseball in the spring than at Dega.

I wish it was not Waltrip (sure not to finish the race) and not a Toyota.

Waltrip's sponsor Aaron's is the sponsor of the race so....there ya go.

I pass this along being the site's only NASCAR fan ( I think) ;)

15alburn-diecast.jpg

Marc Mitchell, Auburn grad, also ran an Auburn themed ARCA car a couple of years ago, #34 for his hero, the man, Bo Jackson! Marc got a ride in some NASCAR CampingWorld Truck races, but sadly, sponsor Ergon, had to pull their sponsorship.

1_930fc91662a51876c4e94a33a4715655.jpg

I saw this at work and immediately had my manager order me one. Didn't realize it was a whole event though,this is pretty cool. Never cared for Nascar myself, but I grew up with it while watching my dad cheer for Allison and Martin. Not sure how he felt about Waltrip, but I'm sure he would hate to see an Auburn car win no matter who was driving it! Family Divided :P

10 to 1 odds it gets a Budweiser bottle through the windshield at some point during the race. :drink1::ua::dead:

Not just one bottle; outside of their Spring game or a Fall Saturday in Tuscaloosa, there isn't a bigger gathering of Updykes...

Not just one bottle; outside of their Spring game or a Fall Saturday in Tuscaloosa, there isn't a bigger gathering of Updykes...

:thumbsup:

If Waltrip wins it would be 100 times worse than the time Jeff Gordon won under caution a few years back. We also need to see if we could get our eagle to fly right before the national anthem!!!!!!!! I wish Toyota would sell a Camry with that exact paint scheme!!!!

... I wish Toyota would sell a Camry with that exact paint scheme!!!!

As much as I love Auburn, I would NEVER drive a car with a full NASCAR paint scheme. Well, maybe if you gave it to me free.

Archived