Cam to interview with Panthers

RunInRed

When I started to read this, I felt my blood pressure rising, again, because it sounded like another writer was getting ready to slam Cam again. And the part where he said the allegations involved Auburn being asked to pay for Cam's services, when it's Mississippi State, not us... AUGH!!!! But I did read the rest of the article and was once more impressed with the way Cam handles all of this. Anyone who calls him "disingenuous" needs to get a dictionary!!!

I live in Atlanta and if Carolina takes him, I'd be more likely to see him play once in a while. Wherever he lands, I hope he sets the NFL on fire and silences the Nawrockis (sp?) of the world for good. If there is an NFL, that is.

I actually think Cam could be a good fit in Carolina.

As for the "off the field" stuff, like it or not, it's there and that's what a lot of these interviews are focusing on. To your point, he's handling it like a champ - always has.

This quote at the end of the article is very true...

"This stuff is just another bug on the windshield," Whitfield said. "After you've hit 50 driving down the road, you don't even notice the next three. This whole thing has become a pageant, and we're not even talking about football anymore."

Moments before he'd throw for scouts at his pro day - a crucial and pressure-laden workout after an uneven performance at the NFL scouting combine - Newton sauntered to the sidelines and wrapped Kristi Malzahn in a huge hug. For a minute, he stood with the wife of Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, talking about nothing consequential.

When he returned to the field, to another moment under the microscope, Kristi Malzahn beamed.

"He's the most focused kid I've ever seen." she said with a laugh. "Nothing bothers him. ... Nothing."

:thumbsup: Go Cam, go!

Archived