BBC America's Being Human

AURaptor

For those who don't know, it's a story about 2 guys, one a werewolf, the other a vampire, who try to live a 'normal' life as roommates. Oh, and the rented home they live in is 'haunted' by the ghost of a young woman, who was murdered by....well, I'll not give too much away. Only that the 3 of them try to help cope with each's specific 'condition ' , and end up making a sort of a family for themselves. Or, that's the idea, at least.

( Syfy started their US version of this show just this past season. The BBC version came out in '09, and I'm just now starting in w/ season 2, OnDemand )

What interesting, and a bit confusing, is how both the SyFy and BBC versions treat the same basic story, but each has their own little twists.

I'm not sure if there's a 'correct way' to watch these, if I should stick with one version first, before starting the other, or what. If so, then screw it. I'm gonna try to watch both, and keep it all sorted out , as best I can.

My wife got into watching the first season of the US version.

One of my minor issues is the lack of effort to distinguish Annie from the other corporeal characters.

Having to deal w/ a ghost who can be seen by some, but not all, is tricky, but it's been done. Spike's character, on the t.v. show Angel, was 'immaterial' for a good part of the last season or so. Always having Annie in the shot where others can't even see her, but her house mates can, seems a bit of a cop out. It'd be far more effective if she weren't able to interact w/ the real world so much, like casually doing the dishes or doling out cups of tea. That they can hold on to her hand, or hug her, really blurs the lines of separation that is suppose to exist between her and her friends, the world she's trapped in.

Archived