Moseley running the ball?

hikerdns

Unless my memory has failed me, I though Trotter was the more mobile of the 2 QBs. Now I'm seeing in articles and a few other places that Moseley is the more athletic guy. I know he is bigger, but is he quicker on his feet? Or am I wrong thinking that Trotter was the a fairly mobile guy? (Not that he's shown it much this season)

Now I'm not saying like Keihl or Cam, but you know...can get around if a play brakes down, or even call a few designed runs.

Does Moseley bring the QB run threat more than Trotter did?

War Eagle!

I believed that Trotter was the more nimble, quicker runner. Both are better runners than was Todd. If the offense is working as it should, a QB with running ability should be a bonus, not an essential part.

If Clint takes off when there's an opening he will be able to pick up more rushing yardage than Barrett has. Trotter didn't seem to know if he wanted to run or not most of the time.

I believed that Trotter was the more nimble, quicker runner. Both are better runners than was Todd. If the offense is working as it should, a QB with running ability should be a bonus, not an essential part.

I agree Mikey, if an offense is producing as it should - the defense is at a disadvantage. Adding the running QB just puts them at an even more disadvantage.

If Clint takes off when there's an opening he will be able to pick up more rushing yardage than Barrett has. Trotter didn't seem to know if he wanted to run or not most of the time.

I agree too....half the time it looked like Trotter couldnt make up his mind (on passing plays too). He'd have 10yrds in front of him and wouldnt tuck it for a decent gain.

I disagree. In an offense with as many moving parts at CGM's, I feel the QB having at least some form of a dual threat is essential. Option reads, etc. Of course, it'll help if we can get our passing act together and get opposing DC's to have to stop keying on #5.

I disagree. In an offense with as many moving parts at CGM's, I feel the QB having at least some form of a dual threat is essential. Option reads, etc. Of course, it'll help if we can get our passing act together and get opposing DC's to have to stop keying on #5.

Your comment is bolstered by your sig pic.

AGREED! Without the threat of a running QB, this offense does not work. By does not work, I mean we win 8 games in a good case...vs winning 10+ and possibly the big one...See Cam Newton...we won with his feet, that enabled the running game overall....

Moseley will be the better runner. He was clssified as a Dual Threat QB out of high schhol, and runs a 4.7 which is not lightning fast by any means but not to slow either. I think Trotter was kind of hindered in his running ability after his knee surgery. Also he just never would make a clean decision to run when he should have..by the time he made his mind up it was to late and he ultimately took a sack. I have seen Clint play in high school and he can run the football if needed. No doubt he can't compare to Frazier's ability to run..but there is a reason Moseley won Mr. Football his Senior year.

AGREED! Without the threat of a running QB, this offense does not work. By does not work, I mean we win 8 games in a good case...vs winning 10+ and possibly the big one...See Cam Newton...we won with his feet, that enabled the running game overall....

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the Auburn 2010 offense is the definitive statement on Gus Malzahn's offensive philosophy.

Moseley will be the better runner. He was clssified as a Dual Threat QB out of high schhol, and runs a 4.7 which is not lightning fast by any means but not to slow either. I think Trotter was kind of hindered in his running ability after his knee surgery. Also he just never would make a clean decision to run when he should have..by the time he made his mind up it was to late and he ultimately took a sack. I have seen Clint play in high school and he can run the football if needed. No doubt he can't compare to Frazier's ability to run..but there is a reason Moseley won Mr. Football his Senior year.

I think one correlates to the other...I'd imagine after the surgery he was a little more hesitant to run due to the possibility of reinjuring his knee.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the Auburn 2010 offense is the definitive statement on Gus Malzahn's offensive philosophy.

Agreed. We didn't win with Cam's feet alone..having a great offensive line was they key to having success in Malzahn's system. I agree that having a QB that can run will bring out the best in the system and make defenses account for more, but the main problem this year is we can't throw the ball period. There for we are still to predictable weather we have a running QB or not.

Unless my memory has failed me, I though Trotter was the more mobile of the 2 QBs. Now I'm seeing in articles and a few other places that Moseley is the more athletic guy. I know he is bigger, but is he quicker on his feet? Or am I wrong thinking that Trotter was the a fairly mobile guy? (Not that he's shown it much this season)

Now I'm not saying like Keihl or Cam, but you know...can get around if a play brakes down, or even call a few designed runs.

Does Moseley bring the QB run threat more than Trotter did?

War Eagle!

One thing to keep in mind is Mosley has been one the bench so he may have developed a more gutsy attitude than trotter. Trotter when he runs seems to be trying to survive but if Mosley continues to think he needs to prove himself he might get a try and stop me mentality. Therefore he would fight for that yardage instead of avoiding a rush and running sideways to continue to look for an open receiver

Archived