***Signing Day 2012 Thread

RunInRed

Either the thread is wrong or Scout is way behind. Scout has Josh Holsey committed but not signed.

Scout has been running a little slower than some of the other sites.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either the thread is wrong or Scout is way behind. Scout has Josh Holsey committed but not signed.

He's listed at #8 in their signee list...That list has been updated as the papers come in, so apparently you just didn't look close enough.

He's listed at #8 in their signee list...That list has been updated as the papers come in, so apparently you just didn't look close enough.

I'm looking at Scout's it has him committed but it doesn't show he has signed his LOI, but I trust AU's forums more than Scout.

I'm looking at Scout's it has him committed but it doesn't show he has signed his LOI, but I trust AU's forums more than Scout.

well, in fairness, I'm looking at a thread in the premium forum.

He's listed at #8 on the SCOUT signee list.

8. CB Josh Holsey, Creekside High, Fairburn, Ga

Seriously, this is unbelievable. All these high profile players, going to schools either facing ncaa probation or still hurt by limits, and AU can't close the deal on the players we absolutely need.

I'm not pissed, just flummoxed.

Wonder if they were all unsure about the coach changes going on?

Stewart Mandel @slmandel

I have no beef. But apparently many of the nation's top HS football players do. RT @cubbies1967: @slmandel what is your beef with Auburn?

Stewart Mandel is a PRICK!

He reminds me of a retarded bammer fan!!!!

Stewart Mandel @slmandel

I have no beef. But apparently many of the nation's top HS football players do. RT @cubbies1967: @slmandel what is your beef with Auburn?

He tweeted some nice things as well. Stop being emotional; he is absolutely right. This is one of the single worst post-championship recruiting classes in the past decade...and not acceptable for a coaching staff that was assembled to recruit.

Stewart Mandel @slmandel

He tweeted some nice things as well. Stop being emotional; he is absolutely right. This is one of the single worst post-championship recruiting classes in the past decade...and not acceptable for a coaching staff that was assembled to recruit.

Still a PRICK.... I'll try not to throw too much emotion out there for ya...

It really does baffle me, primarily on the D side of the recruiting. Goldman, L.Williams, K.Alexander... I don't see how AU was so high on their lists when we had Roof, but when BVG comes on board, we can't close the deal ? :blink:

Still a PRICK....

Why? His job is to report recruiting news. Last year's MNC winning team flopping on literally every single one of its remaining top targets and being in a recruiting drought that has spanned months now is newsworthy.

I hope every writer in the business calls us out; this staff and team needs a wake up call.

It really does baffle me, primarily on the D side of the recruiting. Goldman, L.Williams, K.Alexander... I don't see how AU was so high on their lists when we had Roof, but when BVG comes on board, we can't close the deal ? :blink:

Socks me to, I was really execited about getting an NFL Cord. and thought that would help. Maybe it was so late in the game and it will beneifit us more next year??

But we do have to keep in mind the stars next to someones name sometimes doesnt mean shat. Hope there are some big supprises left this year.

Disappointing on Kwon Alexander (LSU), Eddie Goldman (FSU) and Leonard Williams (USC). Oh well, you win some and lose some I guess.

He's listed at #8 on the SCOUT signee list.

8. CB Josh Holsey, Creekside High, Fairburn, Ga

There's an echo in here....

Auburn has missed out on every player they were targeting. If they cannot get Kwon Alexander who is in their back door and was supposed to be a heavy Auburn lean for a long time, I really do not see them getting any of the remaining targets either. I don't know what has happened in the last two months but it is not going well at all. There are a lot of players who had Auburn as their favorite two months ago who have committed and signed somewhere else. I have had nothing but confidence in Chizic since the day he was hired and that will not change but I am really having a hard time understanding how we are missing on so many players. Especially players like Kwon.

I don't see why people disagree with this post, it's spot-on. Right now we're ofer four, that's 0 for 4 on guys we had targeted and I may have missed a few. There are still some out there, but sometimes when stuff starts rolling downhill it just keeps on rolling.

Archived