Cam was in Auburn today

GreenEyedGirl

That can't be so...the Updykes said he used Auburn and would never think about AU again. <_<

Updykes must be wrong as per the norm.

Cam, Bo, and Pat to be in Huntsville Saturday. Wish I was:

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/02/pat_sullivan_cam_newton_bo_jac.html

Pat Sullivan, Cam Newton, Bo Jackson coming to Huntsville's Parkway Place Mall.

Parkway Place Mall is bringing in three of the biggest stars in Auburn football history Saturday.

Heisman Trophy winners Pat Sullivan (1971), Bo Jackson (1985) and Cam Newton (2010) are coming to the mall Saturday starting at noon on the lower level of the mall near Pottery Barn.

Sullivan, the first Auburn player to win the Heisman and currently coach at Samford University, is at noon followed by Jackson, a two-time All-American, at 1 p.m. and Newton, the most recent winner who led Auburn to a national championship in 2010, at 2 p.m. He's currently playing with the Carolina Panthers and set a rookie NFL record for 4,051 passing yards.

Charges will apply. There will be additional opportunities for group photos and discounts for multiple autographs. Go to www.parkwayplacemall.com or www.gtsportsmarketing.com for more information.

Parkway Place Mall is bringing in three of the biggest stars in Auburn football history Saturday.

Heisman Trophy winners Pat Sullivan (1971), Bo Jackson (1985) and Cam Newton (2010) are coming to the mall Saturday starting at noon on the lower level of the mall near Pottery Barn.

Sullivan, the first Auburn player to win the Heisman and currently coach at Samford University, is at noon followed by Jackson, a two-time All-American, at 1 p.m. and Newton, the most recent winner who led Auburn to a national championship in 2010, at 2 p.m. He's currently playing with the Carolina Panthers and set a rookie NFL record for 4,051 passing yards.

Charges will apply. There will be additional opportunities for group photos and discounts for multiple autographs. Go to www.parkwayplacemall.com or www.gtsportsmarketing.com for more information.

Better take out a loan if you want Bo or Cam's autograph, their prices are pretty steep.

Better take out a loan if you want Bo or Cam's autograph, their prices are pretty steep.

As much as I love those guys I would NEVER pay for an autograph of theirs or anyone else. I just find selling autographs very distasteful. JMO of course.

I agree, but if people didn't actually pony up the cash for the autographs they wouldn't even think to sell them haha

Cam Newton visits Wright’s Mill Elementary School

by S.LIPSCOMB on FEBRUARY 24, 2012

The scene looks like this. It’s a drizzly, gray, late-winter Friday at Wright’s Mill Elementary School and the fourth-graders are barely able to contain their excitement in anticipation of a sunny weekend. Add to that: it is also Poetry and Pizza Day. This means not only will the children have a break in their usual routine, but parents and other loved ones will be joining them in class for a special treat, actual take-out pizza and real cola. The kids are positively bursting at the seams and it’s all the teachers can do to quiet the jittery chatter and rustling long enough for poetry to be read for the visitors.

Several of the fourth-graders chose to recite poems they wrote about grandparents or school. A handful of kids wrote about pets. And several of the kids on the right side of the room chose to write about penguins. The last of the penguin poem readers is brave enough to work the word “mating” into his rhyme scheme, which produces giggles and high-fives from several classmates and nervous laughter from a few of the parents.

But as the last student finishes her poem–an acrostic about her pet dog–and parents begin to put away their smart-phone video recorders, the door to the classroom cracks open slightly. Heads turn toward the noise just as a large, lean-fingered hand appears and the door swings wide open to reveal an unexpected visitor. It’s Cam Newton.

Like the first ray of sun breaking through a storm cloud, Newton needs no introduction. He simply smiles wide and asks, “Is everyone in here doing the ‘Wright’ thing?” (a play on the school’s name and their motto) and the class goes berserk. For several minutes, Newton calmly and warmly receives the rushing sea of waist-high tackles, squealing hugs, and excited handshakes. Newton may indeed be a celebrity but he takes all of this in with the easy gracefulness people have come to expect from the former Auburn quarterback.

The fourth-graders at Wright’s Mill Road Elementary did not suspect that Cam Newton would be paying them a visit today. Why would they? After a successful season culminating in a National Championship win and the Heisman Trophy, Newton’s path led him away from Auburn and into a pro football career with the Carolina Panthers. Nevertheless, Newton remains a part of the Auburn family. And at Wright’s Mill Road Elementary, he remains a role model and a mentor. Newton’s dedication and perseverance surely contribute to his success on the field but they are just as evident off the field. Just ask the Wright’s Mill Road Elementary fourth-graders who woke up this morning thinking today was just Poetry and Pizza Day.

http://wp.auburn.edu/auburnmagazine/?p=3171

I agree, but if people didn't actually pony up the cash for the autographs they wouldn't even think to sell them haha

From the look of those pictures there sure was plenty of people willing to put out the money.

Just curious, what was everyone charging for autographs?

From what I was reading (think it was on AL.com)it was Sullivan $35, Jackson $85 and Newton $125.

Heard he went into Niffers to eat.

Was in Auburn yesterday and spoke with one of my buddies.

He said he also saw them at Niffers. He didn't recognize the other 2, but Zeke Pike was one of the 3 with him.

We had quite the turnout yesterday for all three of them. It was a lot of fun. Cam was a blast!

As for the charges, the player doesn't set their individual fee

Archived