Auburn vs. Alabama

Auburn strands a runner. Going to the bottom of the 7th still leading 3 - 1.

Alabama gets a run with 2 outs. Auburn leads 2-3 going to the top of the 8th. Slade Smith has been pitching since the 5th inning. Kendall went out with an injury.

Going to the 9th leading by 1. Need some insurance runs to put this one away.

hit back to the pitcher--gets the runner at 2nd. Still a runner on first with 2 outs.

How do you allow yourself to be picked off in the top of the ninth, when you're on second base with one out, in a one run game, and the leadoff hitter at the plate? And the catcher picked him off! Not very smart.

It's not like that was a good team we are playing. In fact they are by far the worst team in the league. Losing these first two and in jeopardy of getting swept tells me this team is not getting any better. The lack of fundamentals is disturbing. I know a guy whose son is a D1 and major league prospect. They are not very high on AU because of the coaching staff. The dad says players go there and do not get better. They do not beleive the coaches are very baseball savvy. Other college teams and professional scouts say this man son has great bat speed and foot speed and projects as a major league outfielder. Great arm also. AU coaches say his a pitcher and nothing else. AU coaches told him bat speed was avg at best. If the kid goes college instead of pros don't look for him to be at AU. And the dad is a former major leauger do he knows what he is talking about.

Wow. Why are you bunting and then how do you get picked off second

These are questions I've been asking for the past three years. Our base-running would make any manager of a 14 year-old team cringe.

Have no clue why we are bunting a runner to third with one out? Coach Paw. Better wake up or we wil have to look for yet another baseball coach. mad.gif

Wow. Why are you bunting and then how do you get picked off second

That's a good question. I was following the game on Game Tracker and didn't realize they were trying to bunt him to third.

Archived