Out Raged Student

Wrighcr

I just finished my Junior year and worked my a$$ of taking 18 hours as a finance major. In one of my classes I had 3 test all semester and that was it I screwed up on the 2nd and then busted my ass to get a 98% on the final, but what was my Avg. a 79.5 and the ******* of a teacher wouldn't boost me up to a 80 for my final grade. I am currently doing a Internship up in Boston and while i was up here i got my grade and emailed my teacher to please give me a B in the class, b/c the C kills my avg. I was talking to one of my Uncle's who is a Professor at Harvard and he said well atleast you got a C+ and I said no a C is a C no +, but appartly at Harvard a student can get a C+ which gives you a 2.75 for the class instead of a 2.0 at Auburn. i Can't believe that Harvard helps it's students out like this and Auburn just says well your Screwed you almost had a B but you get a 2.0 even though your close.

dude that really sucks...but your missing one important aspect of schools that give + and - grades

While it is nice when you end up with a 79 and get that extra. It also sucks when you have say an 80 and you get less than a 3.0, overall i would say that it all evens out. I've gotten some 88's that i wish could be mroe than a 3.0, but i've also got some 81's and 82's and I am glad that I got the 3.0 instead of the 2.8 or whatever they give for a B-.

i Can't believe that Harvard helps it's students out like this and Auburn just says well your Screwed you almost had a B but you get a 2.0 even though your close.

So no I don't think that Auburn says that. I think its more of a well sometimes it sucks...but other times when you have a 80 instead of a 79, they are saying, well we are giving you the benefit of the doubt and giving you the credit for a full B.

Guest AuNuma1

Yeah, uat uses the plus/minus system. I got a lot of low B's in college and in my case the plus/minus system would've killed my avgerage.

Sucks that your professor won't help you out though. Did you ever talk to him/her outside of class? Usually if you can form some kind of relationship outside of class, they'll usually work with you on those borderline grades.

Archived