Auburn @ Vandy

They pretty much gave up once Vandy added 3 in the bottom of the 4th. Auburn had moved to within 3 with 1 in the top and then............:puke:

Coach Paw.........the clock is ticking my friend. Think the world of you as a person and dad, but small ball isn't working here in the SEC.

I am very disappointed. Last 2 seasons I don't see much difference. Pitching may be improving some but that's about it. Pawlowski may not be the answer.

I am very disappointed. Last 2 seasons I don't see much difference. Pitching may be improving some but that's about it. Pawlowski may not be the answer.

When we failed to get great results out of the best hitting team in AU history in 2010, I thought that was because Coach Paw was basically a small-ball guy. "Just wait until the dead bats take over and he'll be in his element" were my thoughts. Now it's rather evident that's not the case.

While Coach Paw is a great guy and can run the overall program, once the game starts he's the worst manager I've ever seen at the high school level or above. Trying to bunt a runner to third base with one out is beyond poor baseball, it's simply not done. He tries that over and over!

Are y'all aware that when we picked a Vandy runner off base Saturday that was the first opposing runner we'd picked off all season? That was the 33rd game of the year!

A change is going to have to be made. Make it this year and catch some flack for not giving him enough time, or wait another season, go through the pain of another bad year and then do it. My vote would be sooner rather than later, but I'm not the guy calling the shots.

When we failed to get great results out of the best hitting team in AU history in 2010, I thought that was because Coach Paw was basically a small-ball guy. "Just wait until the dead bats take over and he'll be in his element" were my thoughts. Now it's rather evident that's not the case.

While Coach Paw is a great guy and can run the overall program, once the game starts he's the worst manager I've ever seen at the high school level or above. Trying to bunt a runner to third base with one out is beyond poor baseball, it's simply not done. He tries that over and over!

Are y'all aware that when we picked a Vandy runner off base Saturday that was the first opposing runner we'd picked off all season? That was the 33rd game of the year!

A change is going to have to be made. Make it this year and catch some flack for not giving him enough time, or wait another season, go through the pain of another bad year and then do it. My vote would be sooner rather than later, but I'm not the guy calling the shots.

I agree!! Don't wait. I have seen enough!

At the Saturday game, I couldn't get over how many times our guys were fake bunting and the attempts. I think on Saturday he did the same thing bunted with one out to get runner to 2nd or 3rd, and I was like WTH did you do that for? Admittedly, I haven't seen AU play much in the past few years, but it didn't take long to realize he is not a great game manager. I played 4 years of HS ball, and almost walked on at AU, some of his decisions had me banghead.gif and wanting to drink1.gif. Like taking the starting pitcher out in the 6th inning who had only given up 2 hits and with a 3-0 lead. I know guys seem to lose gas, but the guy on Saturday sure didn't look like it. Coach pulls him after he gives up hit #3, which was more of bad alignment/depth by the CF, b/c it could/should have been caught.

Archived