Daily Computer Tip

I had a thought. Maybe its a good idea, maybe not. But we have a wide range of computer users on this board (some with a great deal of knowledge and others whom could benefit from it) I myself am a developer and have been toying with PC's since I was about 13, but I still learn something new everyday.

So I propose that we have an ongoing daily computer tip thread...It can be something obvious, or not so obvious. It can be Apple related (Titan) or even...gasp...non windows related.

So I'll start:

You internet explorer users ever get tired of the "Links" folder in your favorites? It was there when you loaded IE...or windows...and it wont go away, no matter how much you delete it. Well here's a tip that you may enjoy.

Go to My Computer/Documents & Settings and then Select the user profile you are using(XP users). Non XP users, the favorites folder should be visible.

Open the folder and right click the "Links" folder...go to properties, and check the "Hidden" box.

Now, next time you open IE and go to favorites, Links will be gone!

hey it worked! thanks, that actually has been bugging me...

On a side note, you forgot one little step...when you right click, go down and click properties and then u can check hidden, most people probably will realize that on their own but just in case!

I would not mind having a forum for computer tips. Spyway, popups, virus, worms etc.

I recently had a big time problem with some type of invader on my system. I am not a rocket scientist and would like to have a place to post . Currently run spybot, adaware, secretmaker and zone alarm. Scan for viruses regularly but still cannot stop all the junk that comes in. I vote yes.

ps got rid of links folder, thanks

Thats a good idea BG. I'm in on this 2. I know a good deal about computers but I could always use some extra help sometimes. I usually go to other forums to get help but this is a good idea. I was trying took hook up some wireless routers and couldn't get it working right and after I went to a forum I got the help I needed.

Go BG!!

Archived