2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm dreaming but I want GB and DG to commit to AU. We didn't get any running backs last year so it seems like they could share the load in the future.

Wow, it's been a few months since I heard that combo in the same sentence. Lets get em! WDE

I have to say I would really be excited

I know I'm dreaming but I want GB and DG to commit to AU. We didn't get any running backs last year so it seems like they could share the load in the future.

Wow, it's been a few months since I heard that combo in the same sentence. Lets get em! WDE

I agree and what a statement that would make.

War Eagle !

What are the odds that GB even decommits from notre dame?let alone commits to us.

Whatever the odds are, If we can get him on campus I'm sure they would improve.

What are the odds that GB even decommits from notre dame?let alone commits to us.

Improves dramatically if he takes an OV to Auburn. He is the perfect back for Gus's offense.

Improves dramatically if he takes an OV to Auburn. He is the perfect back for Gus's offense.

Is it possible to get both GB and DG?

I'd say there's maybe a 2% chance for that.

Nope. There is 1 spot for the every down back.

Nope. There is 1 spot for the every down back.

Surely, if a speed back didn't chose us, they would have to allow both of them to come...

I have to doubt we would turn one down if they both wanted in

That's a fantasy world. Both will not come to play with the other. First come, first serve.

That's a fantasy world. Both will not come to play with the other. First come, first serve.

However unikely, if both come, both will be signed. Charts and boards are for likely events. When the unlikely happens, the chart goes out the window and logic takes over. Us turning one of them down would be like Saban turning Foster down. Would never happen.

Didn't they both play with JJ at the Army AA game? Maybe they became friends. It seems like having two really good backs like Gershall can help prevent both guys from having to carry the entire load. I know it won't happen but we do have the running back void from last year.

However unikely, if both come, both will be signed. Charts and boards are for likely events. When the unlikely happens, the chart goes out the window and logic takes over. Us turning one of them down would be like Saban turning Foster down. Would never happen.

My point is reality dictates the coaches will not be in a position to tell one of them no so they can stop dreaming.

My point is reality dictates the coaches will not be in a position to tell one of them no so they can stop dreaming.

I think it was amazing last year that UGA was able to sign both Marshall and Gurley. Amazing that they are willing to share time in the backfield. It is rare when you see 2 backs with such great upside, sign in the same year. We're Cadilac and Brown signed the same year

I think it was amazing last year that UGA was able to sign both Marshall and Gurley. Amazing that they are willing to share time in the backfield. It is rare when you see 2 backs with such great upside, sign in the same year. We're Cadilac and Brown signed the same year

Ronnie was in the class before Cadillac. Marshall was the more heralded back, and he is more of a speed back, with Gurley being the workhorse. Rivals considered Marshall overrated, while other services thought he was the nation's best back. Rivals seems to have gotten that one right.

thUGA had a bigger void to fill than even we do. We at least have TM and MB (and CG but I'm not buying in to him just yet). When Crowell got dismissed they were hurting big time.

Ronnie was in the class before Cadillac. Marshall was the more heralded back, and he is more of a speed back, with Gurley being the workhorse. Rivals considered Marshall overrated, while other services thought he was the nation's best back. Rivals seems to have gotten that one right.

Apples to Oranges. Gurley was underrated as a 4* accross the board. Marshall was a 5 * on 3 sites while Bryant and Green are 5 *s on 2 sites.

Take it for what its worth but, I was listening to Bill King this morning and he had Gerry Hamilton from 24/7 Sports on. Hamilton said that AU is definitely still in play for Bryant and he expects Bryant will take an official visit to AU soon.

Archived