2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

We really need one of these two to commit. If we could get a verbal at this point it would send a message and maybe help IF one of the current guys is wavering. :aufb:

Unfortunately, I think it's beginning (Lawson thread).

I think you are overreacting. Yes he is embarrassed but he reitterated multiple times in that article he was committed. Recruits do not usually do that on their own especially with other team writers if they are not committed.

So you think this is a good thing ? You misread if you think I am overreacting, I am reporting a change in the dynamics.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really need one of these two to commit. If we could get a verbal at this point it would send a message and maybe help IF one of the current guys is wavering. :aufb:

I think you are overreacting. Yes he is embarrassed but he reitterated multiple times in that article he was committed. Recruits do not usually do that on their own especially with other team writers if they are not committed.

So you think this is a good thing ? You misread if you think I am overreacting, I am reporting a change in the dynamics.

No its not a good thing but you implying Lawson is waivering comes across as overreacting, He is not waivering, just understandably disappointed. But the other side of it being overshadoerd. He said multiple times he is committed to Auburn.in that article.

No its not a good thing but you implying Lawson is waivering comes across as overreacting, He is not waivering, just understandably disappointed. But the other side of it being overshadoerd. He said multiple times he is committed to Auburn.in that article.

Sometimes I think you read too much into people's posts E. Waiver (a word I didn't use previously) can apply to a myriad of things.The term waiver means a change and there has been a change to the previous dynamic, which is what I agreed with in reference to the other poster. The fact is that there has been a change from rah rah Auburn to talk of "embarrassment" and other things. That is just a fact, not my point of view.

You read into that that I mean a waiver to his overall commitment. I do not, at this time. But I am also not going to pretend that there hasn't been some change from the norm, a waiver, in the form of negative thoughts beginning to enter his thought process. In recognizing that, it allows a person to counteract it, something the coaches have to be able to do. Pretending it doesn't exist will only allow it to grow into something bigger. Hopefully this allows you to better understand.

I'm sorry Mr. President, waiver does not mean Change.

Waiver - an intentional relinquishment of some right, interest, or the like.

I hate to use Grammar as a weapon but you attempted to first.

The term waiver does not mean change. However, the only definition that I could find that means anything in the context it was used is the one above from dictionary.com. The rest don't include interest and are nonsensical when applied to a recruit's interest in a school. Maybe you meant to say what you stated in your last post but there was no way for Ellitor to tell that from this:

I'm pretty sure everyone has been talking about "wavering"

In case anyone was wondering I knew I spelled the word wrong but did not care to correct it because most people knew what I meant by reading the post.

I'm sorry Mr. President, waiver does not mean Change.

Waiver - an intentional relinquishment of some right, interest, or the like.

I hate to use Grammar as a weapon but you attempted to first.

The term waiver does not mean change. However, the only definition that I could find that means anything in the context it was used is the one above from dictionary.com. The rest don't include interest and are nonsensical when applied to a recruit's interest in a school. Maybe you meant to say what you stated in your last post but there was no way for Ellitor to tell that from this:

Mr President ? The point that you apparently missed was that I had not used the term "waiver" or " waver ", or any other word like it so there was no way for ellitor to misunderstand up to that point on that basis. I referenced his word in my last post, the one you are responding to, because two other posters I posted to had made reference, "waver" (by jlrjr) "waiver" (by ellitor). But I knew ellitor didn't mean to use waiver, he meant waver, however I had no intention of making a grammatical issue out of a word or correcting him. I knew what he meant and I thought it more important to get to the issue. What I did was explain in my post my meaning of the situation with respect to a change in Lawson, without regard to which word they used. But, what is your interest in this ?

In case anyone was wondering I knew I spelt the word wrong but did not care to correct it because most people knew what I meant by reading the post.

I knew what you meant, I just didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

In case anyone was wondering I knew I spelt the word wrong but did not care to correct it because most people knew what I meant by reading the post.

I knew what you meant, I just didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

I precciate buddy.

• 1 month later...

Just read this and thought I'd share.

Amy Campbell@MsAmyCampbell

RB Greg Bryant wants to stay in the South, eliminates #Soonersagain, new top three: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1239147.html #FSU#Auburn #Gamecocks

Interesting final 3. FSU is on the list and Jimbo may be our Top choice to replace CGC (not sure if Jimbo would come). USCe has lost Lattimore and Greg may like the way USCe used Lattimore. (It was not good for Lattimore's health to be used quite so much though)

• 3 weeks later...

Whew! So glad. Saw him play. Not impressed. Did not want.

I haven't actually seen him play, but I'd still like to have him.

Hmm, its random, but I think Bryant will do well at ND who, if they go un-defeated will go to the NC just as quick as an SEC team, not to mention the history there. It was not a bad move on his part, also, I kind of feel like we fell out of the running a while ago, Derrek is our top RB target, other than Jordan Wilkins of course (who is gonna be legit).

Hmmm. I wonder if sometimes our previous staff recruited this way? :-\

What way? Went after kids that are also wanted by Oklahoma, Notre Dame and any number of other national powers? Yes, I think that's exactly how they recruited. How they developed those recruits after they got here is, sadly, another story entirely.

Whew! So glad. Saw him play. Not impressed. Did not want.

Hate to be so blunt but with that post you show you know absolutely nothing about evaluating RBs. My guess is your opinion comes from Bryant's game on ESPNU. Ya know, the one where he got 100 yards rushing with absolutely NO BLOCKING AT ALL. Greg Bryant is a stud.

Oh, my gawd, am I ever embarrassed for showing my ignorance. I should have awaited the Gospel of Ellitor! But no, I went headlong into my opinions and spewed my impudence everywhere! Shame shame shame on me. Thank you, sir, for correcting me on my path of college football recruiting knowledge! <_<

edit: Own up to the pieces of the puzzle of the coaching hire like you said you would. There's a thread with your name on it! Search is your friend, as you AEers loved to say. Give it a try.

E knows what he is talking about, however like any post you can make your own decisions about the information within that post. Personally, I pay close attention to what Ellitor posts because E does lots of research and knows a few people that have some-sort of inside info. E makes posts based on what he knows at the current moment in time, and with recruiting that is in constant flux. And I have also noticed that E posts info without it being obvious within the message at times and can be fairly accurate at times without being direct. So in summary I listen to what E has to say, do I agree with him all of the time NO, but E does bring lots of good info to this site.

Archived