2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

Next year we'll have Mason, jr, Blakeley, soph and and Grant, jr. Add Wilkins, fr and maybe Jovon Robinson, fr, if that works out. I simply don't see us taking two more RB's in this class.

First one of Bryant and Green to commit gets the scholly, IMO.

...not gonna factor in J. Robinson--if he can come back, gravy!...if not, still gotta be covered.

Blakely & Grant are still unproven on the field. Might be to our advantage if neither Bryant or Green commit until much later, giving us a chance to better assess B&G's on-the-field potential.

Don't know if I want to wait that long to find out, though! :'(

Also, have Bryant and/or Green implied they'd be willing to share playing time anywhere?

(Edit: Meant Bryant/Green, not Bryant/Grant)

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next year we'll have Mason, jr, Blakeley, soph and and Grant, jr. Add Wilkins, fr and maybe Jovon Robinson, fr, if that works out. I simply don't see us taking two more RB's in this class.

...not gonna factor in J. Robinson--if he can come back, gravy!...if not, still gotta be covered.

Blakely & Grant are still unproven on the field. Might be to our advantage if neither Bryant or Green commit until much later, giving us a chance to better assess B&G's on-the-field potential.

Also, have Bryant and/or Grant implied they'd be willing to share playing time anywhere?

That scenario has not been an option until now. We mat find out if they OV to the same Auburn game.

Also, have Bryant and/or Grant implied they'd be willing to share playing time anywhere?

Forget Robinson. Barring injury and assuming Wilkins signs, we'll have four (4) underclassman RB's on the team next year before we sign either Green or Bryant. Signing both would give us six. If nothing else, that would be terrible roster management.

Forget Robinson. Barring injury and assuming Wilkins signs, we'll have four (4) underclassman RB's on the team next year before we sign either Green or Bryant. Signing both would give us six. If nothing else, that would be terrible roster management.

We're just gonna tell them what they want to hear and then make them play "Jack" linebacker when they get on campus. CGC is taking a page out of Spanky's book so we can win 37 NC's and be like bammer. BTW I realize that we don't have a "Jack" linebacker right now, but we will when we change to a 3-4 b/c that's what Sa-bear runs.

I disagree. I do see us taking 2 RB's in the 2013 class.

Nobody is saying we are not taking 2 RBs. We are saying it will just not be Bryant and Grenn. The 2 RBs will be Wilkins and Green or Bryant.

I only have access to the public highlight videos available on YouTube, but I have to say that Bryant REALLY looks good. If we were starting "clean slate" at RB, I think that I would prefer Bryant over Green. Bryant doesn't punish defenders the way Green does, but he seems to break/avoid a lot more tackles than Green. In Bryant's entire ten minute highlight reel, I don't think I saw the first guy in position to tackle him bring him down once. I'm not even sure if the second guy in position ever managed to bring him down.

I only have access to the public highlight videos available on YouTube, but I have to say that Bryant REALLY looks good. If we were starting "clean slate" at RB, I think that I would prefer Bryant over Green. Bryant doesn't punish defenders the way Green does, but he seems to break/avoid a lot more tackles than Green. In Bryant's entire ten minute highlight reel, I don't think I saw the first guy in position to tackle him bring him down once. I'm not even sure if the second guy in position ever managed to bring him down.

There are a number of highlights and interviews here on his ESPN page.

How is he looking for those watching Bryant game right now??

He is doing ok...his OL isn't blocking worth a flip...they are keying soley on him making it difficult

Watching the game on ESPN. Anyone else having difficulty keeping up with posts on AUFam due to the wrong times being attached to posts? All these thread posts say "Today 5:36 PM" etc, when it's the 11 AM hour...?

Watching the game on ESPN. Anyone else having difficulty keeping up with posts on AUFam due to the wrong times being attached to posts? All these thread posts say "Today 5:36 PM" etc, when it's the 11 AM hour...?

Go to your profile page and change your time zone. That should fix that.

Go to your profile page and change your time zone. That should fix that.

Got it. Thanks very much!

He is doing ok...his OL isn't blocking worth a flip...they are keying soley on him making it difficult

^^^ This. There are five defenders in the backfield on every play. Bryant is doing well given that the entire defense is meeting him in the backfield on every play.

Edit: actually, he is having a GREAT game. The entire defense is keying on him, and it still takes three or four guys to bring him down. The problem is that those three or four guys are getting to him at nearly the ame time that the ball does. He has to elude three or four guys to get a one or two yard run off.

^^^ This. There are five defenders in the backfield on every play. Bryant is doing well given that the entire defense is meeting him in the backfield on every play.

Edit: actually, he is having a GREAT game. The entire defense is keying on him, and it still takes three or four guys to bring him down. The problem is that those three or four guys are getting to him at nearly the ame time that the ball does. He has to elude three or four guys to get a one or two yard run off.

The other issue is they seem to be relying solely on Bryant to carry them...they aren't passing much at all and when they do it ain't pretty

Cocoa is a 3A but I get the impression that they could play with anyone. They do a good job. In Brevard County you can go to any HS you want as long as you get the paper work in early so I think that helps them. I live just down the road and probably should have went to this game but the weather is getting bad here already from Isaac.

Cocoa is a 3A but I get the impression that they could play with anyone. They do a good job. In Brevard County you can go to any HS you want as long as you get the paper work in early so I think that helps them. I live just down the road and probably should have went to this game but the weather is getting bad here already from Isaac.

Stay safe hope all is well

Folston, RB for Cocoa, is having a MUCH better game than Bryant by catching passes out of the backfield, hard running, elusive. Halftime now. 17-0, Cocoa. Bryant's team doesn't seem to be helping him much as has been stated earlier.

Stay safe hope all is well

Thanks. Most of the nasty stuff should miss us (I hope) but we expect to get a plenty of rain.

Agreed! GB is have a great game even though his stats may not show it at the end. I've been on record and stand by my choice of DG as my favorite back (at least until I see him play in a few hours :D ) but after seeing Bryant in a game I totally understand why he is ranked so high. I'd have no problems with AU taking him over Green if that were to happen.

Archived