2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

Oh, my gawd, am I ever embarrassed for showing my ignorance. I should have awaited the Gospel of Ellitor! But no, I went headlong into my opinions and spewed my impudence everywhere! Shame shame shame on me. Thank you, sir, for correcting me on my path of college football recruiting knowledge! <_<

edit: Own up to the pieces of the puzzle of the coaching hire like you said you would. There's a thread with your name on it! Search is your friend, as you AEers loved to say. Give it a try.

Already did. Search through my posts. Because of your attitude I am not going to hand it to you.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't want to own it, don't. I presented a perfectly nice and respectful thread to give you the opportunity to explain what you knew or thought you knew, like you said you would. Several people here replied, "Yeah, I'd like to know that too." But you avoided it. So be it. Shows me what you're made of.

This is nothing new, this AE bs. Can't finish what you started.

You don't want to own it, don't. I presented a perfectly nice and respectful thread to give you the opportunity to explain what you knew or thought you knew, like you said you would. Several people here replied, "Yeah, I'd like to know that too." But you avoided it. So be it. Shows me what you're made of.

http://www.aufamily....36#entry1763390

the post explaining the reasoning by E is right here.

EL already answered that question from the thread. I found it a few days ago and didn't know anything about the initial conversations. And you may not be impressed with Bryant but he is still a stud and has all the tools to succeed at the next level and beyond.

I note that you claimed not to be trying to call out E in your "perfectly nice and respectful thread" -- but now, it seems, your true motives are showing. I wouldn't insult the board by calling what you're doing AUF bs. Looks like you are the one trying to start something, to me.

In any case, as for Greg Bryan: I believe ND got a good one, and I wish we could've landed him. I also want DG, though. Let's hope he gets on board the Gus Bus (for those of you who hate that expression :poke: ).

• 1 month later...

With Kelly interviewing elsewhere (if true). Does that potentially open things back up for GB?

Even if it did I doubt he'd look at auburn anymore. He dropped us out of his top 3 after malzahn was named hc.

With Kelly interviewing elsewhere (if true). Does that potentially open things back up for GB?

Even if it did I doubt he'd look at auburn anymore. He dropped us out of his top 3 after malzahn was named hc.

Malzahn > high school RB

Then said a couple of days later that he was still talking to our coaches.

Certainly a stud RB can look at what Gus has done with RBs and how they shine in his system. Seems like a wrong reason to drop AU IMO.

Then said a couple of days later that he was still talking to our coaches.

I am not suggesting we flip him, but I am not entirely sure this one is over either

Greg Bryant is in play. He almost OVed this weekend and may easily OV next weekend. In fact Notre Dame was stunned to find out Folston is here and Bryant almost came.

The coaches are working hard. Here is an old article from back in Aug of 12 from Bleacher Reports giving odds at that time where he would go. Gives some past perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcPvgYlEi8I

Ugh back when we had Carl Lawson, Trey Johnson, Reuben Foster, Dee Liner and were working on Adams...man it was looking like one of the best classes ever. Why couldn't the last staff recruit AND coach?? :no:

The coaches are working hard. Here is an old article from back in Aug of 12 from Bleacher Reports giving odds at that time where he would go. Gives some past perspective.

Ugh back when we had Carl Lawson, Trey Johnson, Reuben Foster, Dee Liner and were working on Adams...man it was looking like one of the best classes ever. Why couldn't the last staff recruit AND coach?? :no:/>

I wouldnt trade our current staff for any other in the country.

Greg Bryant is in play. He almost OVed this weekend and may easily OV next weekend. In fact Notre Dame was stunned to find out Folston is here and Bryant almost came.

Woah. What changed for Bryant? Great news!

Ugh back when we had Carl Lawson, Trey Johnson, Reuben Foster, Dee Liner and were working on Adams...man it was looking like one of the best classes ever. Why couldn't the last staff recruit AND coach?? :no:/>

I wouldnt trade our current staff for any other in the country.

Well now that the events have transpired, I wouldn't either, but I would prefer Chizik and co reproduced what happened in 2010 instead of having to witness a 2012.

Coaches visited him on Wednesday.

Wow would GB fill the void left by Omac as a true speed guy ? I stopped following him after we fell out of the picture. Great news !

War Eagle !

Seriously.

Wow would GB fill the void left by Omac as a true speed guy ? I stopped following him after we fell out of the picture. Great news !

War Eagle !

Not being recruited as as a speed/edge rusher. Backs being recruited for that purpose are Folston, Elder, and Ford.

Archived