2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

All this excitement over fake girlfriends when will the media highlight fake national championships?

. 2014 lol

considering bama is claiming 15 though recognized for what, 9 (?), i would say the media is already highlighting fake national championships. :dunno:

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GB may OV this weekend.

I may have a steak for dinner.

lol. I mean he is on the list of possible visitors.

So it is as good as a definite maybe? Thanks E

Definitely maybe.

Most assuredly possible

Is it 50/50 maybe?

No, definitely 50/50.

Sources telling me that it is maybe definitely 51/49.

Inside information leaked that Auburn would let him visit

It is most likely possible he could come visit

Wasn't leaked inside information a previous problem when dealing with Greg Bryant? When he originally decommitted from OU wasn't he just about ready to commit to us but didn't due to info leaking?

Wasn't leaked inside information a previous problem when dealing with Greg Bryant? When he originally decommitted from OU wasn't he just about ready to commit to us but didn't due to info leaking?

I believe the old staff liked Green a little better. Bryant and Green didn't want to play for the same team so Bryant looked at other schools.

Bryant isn't going anywhere but ND. Check his Twitter.

And as I already told you if Ty Isaac commits to ND Bryant will not stay there. Plus despite what Bryant says on twitter he is in heavy talks with our coaches and it's likely he visits this weekend.

Yes that was apart of it.

Is this guy visiting this weekend?

According to his teammate from an hour ago no and it looks like he is solid to ND.

According to his teammate from an hour ago no and it looks like he is solid to ND.

So it is time to play recruiting board shuffle for running back.

So it is time to play recruiting board shuffle for running back.

Yup. RB recruiting will likely go all the way down to the last day IMO

Stuff like this doesn't help with our top RB targets. Especially guys like DG and GB.

" Cowboys closing in on hiring Rich Bisaccia as new ST Coordinator."

http://auburn.247spo...ator-16104821/1

Especially since Rich was meeting Green tonight.

Yep and if there isn't any substance to it, I hope he clears it up, both with DG and publicly.

Stuff like this doesn't help with our top RB targets. Especially guys like DG and GB.

" Cowboys closng in on hiring Rich Bisaccia as new ST Coordinator."

E, I thought you said it would have very little effect on recruiting if RB leaves for the Cowboys. I would have thought that it would negatively affect recruiting, but I defer to you on that. Now, though, it seems as if you are thinking that it will hurt us.

E, I thought you said it would have very little effect on recruiting if RB leaves for the Cowboys. I would have thought that it would negatively affect recruiting, but I defer to you on that. Now, though, it seems as if you are thinking that it will hurt us.

Rich was not here long enough to have much of an impact on RB recruits. We are going to get whoever we are going to get regardless of if he is the RB coach or not. As KK astutely pointed out on twitter we already have a succesful RB coach and solid recruiter in Coach Horton. We slide him to RBs and put Scott Fountain, who is a very good recruiter, at TEs and won't miss a beat. We are not getting Green anyway after the 3-9 season and Luper being fired. While the coaches want 2 more RBs they may only get 1. The coaches will go after guys like Tenpenny and Folston but Ford is and has been our best chance at getting another RB and he is good.

Rich was not here long enough to have much of an impact on RB recruits. We are going to get whoever we are going to get regardless of if he is the RB coach or not. As KK astutely pointed out on twitter we already have a succesful RB coach and solid recruiter in Coach Horton. We slide him to RBs and put Scott Fountain, who is a very good recruiter, at TEs and won't miss a beat. We are not getting Green anyway after the 3-9 season and Luper being fired. While the coaches want 2 more RBs they may only get 1. The coaches will go after guys like Tenpenny and Folston but Ford is and has been our best chance at getting another RB and he is good.

Thanks for the elaboration. I still hope we keep RB and get Green -- but I won't be too worried if not.

Thanks for the elaboration. I still hope we keep RB and get Green -- but I won't be too worried if not.

And that is the right attitude to have. Gus's offense will produce regardless of which of our backs has the ball.

And that is the right attitude to have. Gus's offense will produce regardless of which of our backs has the ball.

No doubt. Looking forward to watching Tre, especially, though.

No doubt. Looking forward to watching Tre, especially, though.

Both of y'all are missing the point I am making, I think. It's not about whether in the end you think we will or will not get a certain recruit. The point is that this doesn't help the cause with top RB targets. In their minds we finally got the coaching staff locked down and then suddenly there is this uncertainty, again. That does not help, it's just the reality of the situation.

As far as my personal opinion on the general topic of RBs for this year, it is that I don't care if we get one more. We will be just fine with the RBs on the roster and CAP for the 2013 season. But, next year we need to get back to the business of acquiring top HS RBs, just like Running Back U should be able to do every year.

Rich was not here long enough to have much of an impact on RB recruits.

How could you possibly say that when most of the guys we are after had little to no contact with Auburn prior to this new staff being hired...thus their "expectation" for Auburn was Bisaccia as their RB coach. The only one who had a significant relationship with Auburn already built was Green, and by most accounts he was a long-shot anyway. Barber and Ford are new targets, albeit we have an in with Ford due to him being an instate kid. Folston was only a blip on the radar and is more or less a new recruit.

This close to signing day, this absolutely hurts. Even with Horton being a fine RB coach himself, the perception is not good....ie: its a downgrade. Bisaccia got the job over Horton, any RB recruit is going to look at this and say: they just downgraded.

Archived