Month of September (Make or Break) The 3 that count

guerra aguila

The month of September could perhaps define Auburns entire season, or at the very least, give us fans a glimpse of whats to come.

Auburn should beat Clemson. Period. The Tigers on paper just seem to be the better team, even with two new coordinators. With rumors that Sammy Watkins will be suspended for the first two games, should give the Tigers a plus one. I believe Auburn would have benefited if Watkins played in this game. The more talent they face, the better they will be. Deandre Hopkins is no joke, he caught 72 passes last year, and we all remember Dante Ellington, he ran for 142 yards against Auburn in 2010.

Clemsons weakness, will be indeed, on the defensive side of the football. Auburns weakness, according to many, will be on the offensive side (QB position). Kiehl Frazier has all the potential in the world, but if he becomes Auburn starting quarterback, and many signs point to him being the favorite right now... especially with Moseleys shoulder situation. Frazier will be the key. If he can remain poised and play his game, Loeffler will have a field day with all the talent and speed at his disposal. I think this game could be a huge confidence booster for Auburn. With BVG leading the defense, and much better play calling for 2012... we should see a faster Auburn defense running to the football, no more reading and reacting, just defending. The guys will have fun and do what they do best. Guys, Auburn takes this one.

Auburn 31-Clemson 21

Miss State is a live or die game for Dan Mullen... if you ask me. Hes got to make it happen this year, if State fans are going to take him seriously. Which is why I believe this could be a dangerous game for Auburn. The Tigers are clearly more talented, and they have been for years, but the SEC is brutal competition and anybody you play can beat you. Even in Starkville... I think Auburn has enough to win this game considerably... Auburn 34-14

Auburn should handle ULM with poise.

LSU is the favorite to win the West over Alabama. Apparently, both of these schools no longer have any competition.

Auburn has LSU at home. In the last 15 home games... Auburn is 14-1.

That counts for something.

Especially when Auburn has a experienced team returning, and the loudest stadium in the country behind them.

I cant say who will win this game, but I can say that the loser will not be out of the SEC Title race, or a run for the National Title.

Auburn could beat Clemson and lose to LSU and still find their way to ATL.

The month of September could get interesting if you are an Auburn fan. Could make or break the season.

If Auburn comes out undefeated in September. then I say, Oh Dear.

Well written. No doubt Sept. is key and Clemson @ a neutral site would be a HUGE win. Not to be a wet rag but we again have a team painfully young in key positions playing a brutal schedule so I have to admit I'm realistically hoping for 9 wins, no blowout losses and (since I love Dye football), the return to a traditional Auburn defensive style that's tough, reckless, smothering and relentless. It sounds like BVG is taking our guys there.

Guest AUDAVE33

I agree that the momentum that can be gained from a good start would be huge for this team. I think the D will certainly be better, and the O has the potential to be good, but we still have a young OL. The play from the QB position will have to be exponentially better than last year if they are going to compete with LSU & the turds for the West. I think the potential is there but I believe this team is at least a year away from being in the Nat'l Championship conversation. That said, 4-0 heading into October is certainly not impossible and I'll gladly admit I was wrong!

Auburn has LSU at home. In the last 15 home games... Auburn is 14-1

LSU beat us at home in 2008, 1998 and 1996. So we are 5-3 in our last 8 home games with LSU.

I do agree that the September games will determine our chances of getting to Atlanta.

Mathieu being gone is certainly a bit of a better situation to set up a potential AU win I would think.

At 14-1, I think he was referring to the last 15 home games (2010 - 2011). Of course, a lot of those were with Cam at QB, an experienced OL and Nick Fairley....

Auburn has LSU at home. In the last 15 home games... Auburn is 14-1

LSU beat us at home in 2008, 1998 and 1996. So we are 5-3 in our last 8 home games with LSU.

I do agree that the September games will determine our chances of getting to Atlanta.

I didnt think about going back almost 15 years. I was just going back to the last 15 home games. Still impressive to think that Auburn's only loss in the last 15 home games was to the eventual National Champion (Alabama).

September is certainly critical. Those first 2 games are critical. they will probably set the tone for the remaining 10. I do believe that if Auburn can win those first 2 then a 9-3 reg season is attainable. However, if they don't win those first 2 then a winning season will be hard to achieve.

I am optimistic about this season. I think Auburn will win those frist 2, and go on to have a decent season and lay the groundwork for a fine season in 2013.

I'd love to see Auburn give Dabo Sweeny the thrashing of his life in Atlanta. His actions after last year's game were those of a spoiled child.

As to Auburn having a real shot at the national title? I can't see tht this year. I dont' see Auburn even making a real run for Atlanta in Decembar.

Archived