Ann Coulter on Bill Clinton's book

Bama Bo

I have read some of this myself and I have read other published portions. I have to say that I think Bill may have been better off not writing this book, because it seems that he was a little more candid about some things then he probably should have been. For example, his comments about Lewinsky and that he did it just because he could. Hmm...not exactly "presidential" there Bill. Saying something like "well, I'm only a man, and I made a bad decision with a younger woman. I was weak, and did something that I should not have", that would have probably gone over better. ;)

I have to say that I think Bill may have been better off not writing this book, because it seems that he was a little more candid about some things then he probably should have been.

A Republican saying Clinton may have been a bit too honest! A first! And I agree with you. Another first? ;)

I have to say that I think Bill may have been better off not writing this book, because it seems that he was a little more candid about some things then he probably should have been.

A Republican saying Clinton may have been a bit too honest! A first! And I agree with you. Another first? ;)

Hey, I did not accuse him of being too honest. I said he was a bit too candid. Don't put words in my mouth TT. :lol: I guess we can say we kinda agree. The sky ain't falling yet anyway. :D And remember what I have said before, I am not a republican. I do support a couple of democrats. I don't check the box marked "republican" on my ballot, I vote for the man. It just so happens that most of the time, I agree with the republican candidates. :P

I do support a couple of democrats.

Well, I'm a registered independent myself. A former Republican leaning independent (Although I did vote for McCain in 2000.) who now leans the other way. Just curious, is one of those Dems Zell?

I do support a couple of democrats.

Well, I'm a registered independent myself. A former Republican leaning independent (Although I did vote for McCain in 2000.) who now leans the other way. Just curious, is one of those Dems Zell?

I actually did not know that you could be a registred independent. :lol: Well, I do support Zell also, but he was not one of those I was talking about. I was talking about some that I can actually vote for. For instance, the Congressinal Senator of my district is a democrat I support, Bud Cramer. The first time he ran, I did not vote for him, but he did alot of good things for the North Alabama area, so I voted for him last time and I will again this year. The others are mainly just local democrats for local elections, which in all honesty, is not really the same as voting for a higher office democrat. In those local elections, a party's platform is really not in play that much. I believe if I would have been old enough to vote 25-30 years ago, I probably would have voted for more democrats, but the democratic party of today is so different now, just as the republican party is different. I honestly believe if JFK was to run for president today, judging by what I read about him, I think he would be more inclined to be a republican instead of a democrat. I also think he might have taken Teddy out back and whooped his a$$ a few times also. :lol:

BTW... I even used to think that Al Gore was a good guy with principles, but I did not vote for him simply because I did not think he would make a good President. I will be honest and say that I was kind of torn because I was not too confident in Bush either and almost cast my vote for the Libertarian candidate. However, I did a little more research myself in Bush's background and decided I thought he had better leadership qualities then Gore. I think it was a vote well cast now. As for my previous stated opinion of Gore, well that has changed since he pulled a "Dean" here recently, which kind of justifies me not voting for him IMO. :D

I believe if I would have been old enough to vote 25-30 years ago, I probably would have voted for more democrats, but the democratic party of today is so different now, just as the republican party is different.

24 years ago I cast my first Presidential vote for Bush's daddy. Even though I thought he was a bit to "liberal" for me at the time. ;) Then, in 1988 he ran the most disgusting race I'd seen up to that point. His son's race against McCain topped it, though, IMHO. Chip off the old block. :lol:

I think you can be considered a registered "independent" if you do not declare a political party when you register to vote...at least this is true in some states.

ranger, I didn't vote for either Gore or Bush last time out...I wrote in someone...first time I've ever done that and it may not be the last. My voting record looks like a Jackson Pollack painting...all over the place.

I believe if I would have been old enough to vote 25-30 years ago, I probably would have voted for more democrats, but the democratic party of today is so different now, just as the republican party is different.

24 years ago I cast my first Presidential vote for Bush's daddy. Even though I thought he was a bit to "liberal" for me at the time. ;) Then, in 1988 he ran the most disgusting race I'd seen up to that point. His son's race against McCain topped it, though, IMHO. Chip off the old block. :lol:

Uh...you think the 1988 race was the most disgusting? What about the campaigns that Dukakis and Mondale ran back in the 80's. Those where the ones that really had me start questioning the democratic party.

24 years ago? Bush Sr. ran 1 years ago. Oh, I am assuming you are tying Bush Sr. into your vote for Reagan 24 years ago.

Uh...you think the 1988 race was the most disgusting? What about the campaigns that Dukakis and Mondale ran back in the 80's. Those where the ones that really had me start questioning the democratic party.

24 years ago? Bush Sr. ran 1 years ago. Oh, I am assuming you are tying Bush Sr. into your vote for Reagan 24 years ago.

Just curious what you found so disgusting about the race Dukakis ran, other than it was disgustingly inept. You're the first person I've heard say that.

I voted for GHW Bush in the 1980 primary.

Archived