Ft. Walton Beac/Destin Hotels

Duder

Once again, I come to you guys for a bit of assistance. My family and I are going down to Ft. Walton Beach in August. We're looking for a relatively inexpensive hotel that is on the beach. I've found a few rates from the Radisson that are $105-$139 for a regular room, no view. I know this is probably as cheap as I'm going to get away with, but I'm hoping someone may know a few other hotels to at least give me a bit of a choice?

Exactly what it says......or maybe its just me noone likes to help out. Like i told David might as well remove the networking forum b/c its absolutely useless, cause the true spirit of Auburn men and women isnt there.

Duder,

Although I no longer live there, I grew up in FWB. I still have family that live in the area. I'm assuming you've checked the internet already? Those prices look about as good as you'll get for the peak summer season.

Personally, I prefer to go to the beach down there in either spring or fall when the Gulf water temp is cooler. It's like bath water in August and there's usually an unhealthy amount of seaweed floating in & around the shore. But, if the only time you can visit is August ... go for it. Sunburn avoidance advice: you can spend more time on the beach if you stay indoors from 10 am -- 2 pm. Wear sunscreen unless you absolutely like "wearing" crimson. Enjoy. :D

Exactly what it says......or maybe its just me noone likes to help out. Like i told David might as well remove the networking forum b/c its absolutely useless, cause the true spirit of Auburn men and women isnt there.

The way I understood your post in the networking forum...

So if any of you are interested or know anyone in the Auburn that would be willing to let me show my demo that would be great!

...was for people in the Auburn area. I'm willing to bet a majority of members are not in the Auburn area. That is why I didn't have any input.

On top of that, you started your "humble" request with:

Ok this was a last resort but i thought hey why not.

I sure hope your closing skills are better. :huh:

Look, I tend to stay out of the mix when it comes to arguments, etc. between you and (pick a name, admin. or mod to enter here), but you have seriously got to let things go. I can see why some board members have such a problem with you. (Hijacking this thread for starters.) This whole "everyone's out to get me at AUNation" bit is getting old.

Let it go...

The way I understood your post in the networking forum...

So if any of you are interested or know anyone in the Auburn that would be willing to let me show my demo that would be great!

...was for people in the Auburn area. I'm willing to bet a majority of members are not in the Auburn area. That is why I didn't have any input.

On top of that, you started your "humble" request with:

Ok this was a last resort but i thought hey why not.

I sure hope your closing skills are better. :huh:

Look, I tend to stay out of the mix when it comes to arguments, etc. between you and (pick a name, admin. or mod to enter here), but you have seriously got to let things go. I can see why some board members have such a problem with you. (Hijacking this thread for starters.) This whole "everyone's out to get me at AUNation" bit is getting old.

Let it go...

guess if you had kept reading you would have seen the post that said the Auburn opelika Montgomery birmingham ive even beento mobile. im not on a "people are out to get me" but if you check the networking forum and see what little bit of good it has done you would see that the amount of webspace its taking up could be better served to build up the media page or something b/c its obvious no matter what the post is in that section its useless.....so why not take that space and make it for something that might actually be used. I kind of had the feeling noone was gonna help me out here which is why it was a last resort. Im kinda used to the everyone is out for themselves forget everyone else motto around here......

:D

Well, considering what I took from your initial post:

Ok this was a last resort but i thought hey why not. I am working for this company to help me get by in Auburn until i find a real job. So if any of you are interested or know anyone in the Auburn that would be willing to let me show my demo that would be great!  :D

I really had no reason to read further, huh?

Good luck, tigger. I really hope it works out for you.

Actually if i can make just enough to get my intern credits and scholarship money and cover the $200 i spent on gas in the past 2 weeks ill be satisfied.....

gl  getting help on this board.....

Good job helping someone out in THIS thread.... :roll:

Good lord that must be a big chip you carry on your shoulder

There is a holiday inn "resort" type in destin that we stayed at during spring break and it was only around 130 a night...on the beach and pretty decent.

However, after I talked to you earlier today, I remembered that I know a guy who owns some condos in Gulf Shores and I think he was looking to own some in Ft Walton at one time. I will try to see what I can find out for you.

Rock and roll. Thanks dude.

The other night someone tried to break into my car, but when I went outside there was only an AUNation sticker on my car. You guys must be out to get me too

Cyberrentals

I use them often.

Depending on when in August you are going rates usually go down after the first week or two.

For example:

August 9 - September 1:

$95/night plus tax

$570/week plus tax

Check Cyberrentals

:au:

Beacon resortsCheck out www.beaconresorts.com. Many properties to choose from in FWB and DESTIN. I stayed @ Gulf Dunes one time. Very nice. :au:

Archived