Coach Chizik

auburn4ever

I read this off another Sports site. I hope you'll enjoy reading it. It was posted on Jan. 30th.

Hey everyone. Your Head Coach was in Montgomery this evening to discuss his defense with members of the Alabama Football Coaches Association.

Reporters were not permitted to hear that presentation, but Chizik spoke briefly with a few scribes afterward.

Here is what he had to say:

On his level of satisfaction with National Signing Day less than a week away: ``You get excited about it. You just keep working, keep your head down and keep digging. We' got in on the back end of some things and it's been challenging. We're about as good as we can be in a lot of instances. It'll get exciting."

On focusing so much effort on recruiting Texas kids: ``Right now, that's what we have done -- we have targeted relationships and target things in that way. We don't have areas. We don't have any of that. We don't even have a full staff yet. We go where we feel comfortable and where we know we can have some relationships."

On filling the team's two remaining coaching spots: ``We're going to wait until after signing day and attack that full speed. We're going to make sure we get the right guy. That's the main thing. It's not about a timeline."

On James Willis' recent decision to leave Auburn and head for Alabama: ``I don't really talk about guys who aren't here. I talk about guys who are."

On the salary information that was divulged earlier today: ``I don't like talking about contracts. No offense, but that's a personal thing for all the guys. I'm going to stay away from that."

On the significance of meeting with the state's high-school coaches: ``It's big. Most of them, I've already met at one point or another. It's all about re-kindling relationships. It's really neat walking through the door seeing a bunch of guys I knew. When you've been here three years, you get a chance to meet a lot of guys. We're going to make sure we continue to make that grow -- to make the relationships continue with our new guys."

On shooting for the moon with the recruits: ``We're at Auburn. I think that says it all. We're going after the best in the country -- no matter when, what, where, how. That's how we're going to do it. We're going to work really hard to try to get that done every year -- including this one."

I was one of the many who really wanted Coach Gill as our HC, but I was not one of those fans that thought CGC was a bad hire. When you look at his coaching back ground and even where he's originally from(played FB in Florida) you have to be pleased. The guy has great ties for recruiting and has shown that he can really coach defence. My only concern when he was hired was can he get a solid OC to run the offence. He's not only done that but put together a heck of a good coaching staff and seems to be fired up to likes we have not seen in quite some time. I for one look forward to our future with Coach Chizik and say WAR DAMN EAGLE coach!!!! :tdau::zapbama::we:

Archived