Monday 2/2/09 Recruiting Update

AUSportTalk

Here is the recruiting update for tonight.

looks like King will be choosing between Auburn, Tennessee, and Texas Tech....UT looks like the front runner

Gaines will be headed to Ole Miss

Aycock looks like he is headed to the Plains since the word is Georgia Tech took his offer from him

Emory Blake will be choosing between Colorado, Auburn, and Texas Tech on NSD

Johnnie Farms is sticking with UNC

David Oku will be making his choice sometime after NSD

Heavens will be choosing between a JUCO offer from Auburn and a chance offer from Miss St.

Tracy Moore has decided to stick with Oklahoma State. He didn't want to be that far from home.

Taikwon Paige said that he should find something out from Auburn tomorrow on an offer. If he is offered he will accept.

Aubrey Phillips will choose between Auburn, Florida State, and Tennessee on NSD.....Auburn and FSU are the front runners

****As i get more info from more recruits I will pass them along****

Blake reportedly eliminated Colorado from his list today...I sure hope the coaches and you have those surprises still tucked away, 'cause this has been quite a blue Monday and the shade is not Navy...

What's your take on Phillips, AuSportTalk?  We desperately need help on the offensive line and it would really be the pits to lose another recruiting battle to FSU.

Can't help but feel that we are being set up for disappointments on NSD rather than surprises.  I truly hope that I am wrong, and these coaches have done an excellent job on the trail.  They have really exceeded my expectations, but I have grown used to the previous coaches and their nonaggressive approach I reckon.  I really hope that we can pull off some surprises though.  I am not being negative about it, I'm just trying to be realistic.

I think we have a great shot at Phillips and it doesn't hurt that we have a teammate of his......Bates said that he is trying to talk him into coming to Auburn so he could be his roommate.

I'm sort of in the mindset of wareagle88...looks like we're running out of steam.  Just not getting the good vibes anymore.  Phillips seems to really like FSU, Oku and Brown waiting it out, Farms sticks with UNC, Gaines to Ole Miss along with Kight.  Needs some real shockers to fill out the class. 

We need some good news today and tomorrow after the "Monday Night Meltdown" that we had last night.  Even with that, our coaches have done a fantastic job getting as far as they have with all that has happened.

Thanks for the updates Au Sportstalk!  You da man!!  Before we all go jumoing off the bridge with these late commits going elsewhere, let's remember something.  The fact we got in on some of these guys at all is a plus.  The staff has performed extremely well under the circumstances and we don't even have a full staff.  Hard to convince some guys to come when they don't know who their position coach will be.  IMO, anything in the top 20 rankings (for whatever they're worth!) will be a huge success.  Next year should be much better. 

I def agree with you Auhsv.....stop worrying about who we don't get and start be thankful for who we do get.....we should be thankful for getting anyone at this point.....as bad as things went the last few months of 2008, we should def be thankful......this coaching staff has def built momentum going into the next recruiting year. Things should look brighter for the 2010 class as long as the offense doesn't bomb again this year.

when Chizik was hired my hopes for this years recruiting class was to just salvage what Tubs had.  Just a couple of months ago the whole Auburn program was taking shot after shot.  It could have been a major disaster for us.  Well so far this coaching staff has greatly exceeded all expectations and has weathered the storm.  This coaching staff from every indication is family first, class acts, very motivated.  I'm so thankful for where were at.  

You guys are right. We should be thankful we got anybody at all with all the things that happened to us this season and after.  Our staff has really done a fantastic job.

Have any of you heard on Dontae Aycock? He was supposed to announce at 8:45 this AM.

Archived