Turner Gill

auburn4ever

Despite what the rankings are, I dont believe this should reflect poorly on Turner Gill..Im certain there was doubt as to if and how long he would remain at Buffalo..Turner is a good man and his day will come...But Im still convinced that Chizik was the better choice for Auburn

I don't think this tells us anything about Turner Gill or his recruiting ability. seriously, how good can you do at Buffalo? there are so many factors involved when it comes to recruiting. and another thing is that stars are way overrated...I wish him luck.

Not meaning to be a smart a-- or argumentative, but we have hired black coaches..Lots of them ( I know you meant head coach) ..and if Im not mistaken, isnt Trooper asst Head Coach now? So if Chizik crosses the street and gets hit by a bus, wouldn't or shouldn't Trooper take over?

First off, let me say that I was completley on the Gill bandwagon. However, I think the man for the job now has it. I think getting a coach with a lot to prove and is hungry was huge. But even more than that we brought in the BEST STAFF not just HC. I dont know that Gill could've gotten this caliber of staff. Oh and my vote for a black HC is Trooper..how awesome would it be to see a HC with a hat backwards jumping up and down and hugging his players! haha

I don't think this tells us anything about Turner Gill or his recruiting ability. seriously, how good can you do at Buffalo? there are so many factors involved when it comes to recruiting. and another thing is that stars are way overrated...I wish him luck.

I think this comment explains it best.  I am sorry but if you can win as well as he did and as quickly as he did last year, I give him credit.  I don't think there is anyway you can get players to Buffalo.  I do disagree with the stars comment.  Many times this is a pretty good reflection of at least the potential coming out of high school. It will be tough to keep Buffalo at the top, but I think he is a good coach. 

Turner Gill is a good coach and an even better person.  Auburn was just not a good fit for him and he was not a good fit for Auburn.  I wish him all the luck the rest of his career.  There are just not a whole lot of coaches that could come in and put together a coaching staff like Gene Chizik did and save us from what could have been a total NSD disaster the way he did.  He was hired for a reason and, to this point, is doing a great job.  I applaud Auburn University for doing their best to bring in the right guy for the job and not worrying about what everyone on the outside would say about it.

Wonder why nothing was said when UT didn't go after a black head coach. With PF being the head of it, the media jumped all over us.

In 2008, they ranked 115th.  In 2007, they again ranked 115th.  In 2006, they ranked 114th.

Coaches put players in a position to be successful.  They are able to mold marginally talented kids and turn them into productive men.  It could be any sport.  The point is simple, Turner Gill is an excellent coach.  He has NOTHING to work with talent wise and managed one of the better turnarounds in college football.

In 2008, they ranked 115th.  In 2007, they again ranked 115th.  In 2006, they ranked 114th.

Coaches put players in a position to be successful.  They are able to mold marginally talented kids and turn them into productive men.  It could be any sport.  The point is simple, Turner Gill is an excellent coach.  He has NOTHING to work with talent wise and managed one of the better turnarounds in college football.

well said!

Archived