Oku Update

Jackson-Sullivan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what all I have read, he probably will not go to Nebraska, but we do not know what is going on behind the scenes so who knows. I still remember that time in my life and how mixed up things can be, so I really have no right to be critical of him. I still would like to have him at Auburn and maybe he will come, but whatever he decides, I hope he will grow closer to God, get his life going good and make wise choices.

Whether the kid signs with us or not I really dont like it when rumors are spread about some 18 yr old kid, even if they turn out to be true its just not right unless you know thet are facts. Not trying to preach here guys just know I would'nt want this being said about my son if it were not true.

another Oku article.....  This is why I think he is waiting to see what BB is doing. (unless he did get the hostess pregnant, and is going to be a husker)

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/feb/23/oku-switches-high-schools/

That is a very interesting article. I haven't heard alot of the statements that were posted in that article. I am starting to wonder if it is even worth messing with him and the soap opera

I will choose not to say anything because none of us have any idea what is really going on.  I will let our coaches make judgement on whether he is right for us to pursue or not because I trust them.  Like Coach Trooper said, they want character guys that they can bring into their homes without worrying about getting something stolen.  Also.  I found this funny...  Chizik said that when he brings guys into his home, he doesn't want his 11 year old daughter to be able to tell him what brand of underwear they are wearing.  HA!!!

Waraueagle I agree with you. Let the coaches decide what is best. They are in the position to know. I am certainly not going to spread any rumors on him. For all we know a lot of this stuff on Oku may just be false rumors and heresay, and as I said before the way I was when I was that age,  I do not think I have the right to be too critical of any of these kids.

Whether the kid signs with us or not I really don't like it when rumors are spread about some 18 yr old kid, even if they turn out to be true its just not right unless you know thet are facts. Not trying to preach here guys just know I would'nt want this being said about my son if it were not true.

Hey, your compassion is compelling, and your paternal protective stance of your son is evident, but I trust you have followed this story long enough to only be speaking of the "knocked up" part as rumor...I, too, want to give every person the benefit of the doubt, especially at his age...If you have been following it, you would know that the majority of what would be labeled "rumor" has been originated from his own mouth and reported via respected professionals...Not that they've never made mistakes themselves, but you don't consistently misquote people and stay in the business...It's becoming evident that the prevailing fact is that he is speaking out of both sides of his mouth, and that his most recent decision reeks of instability and misguidance...

You are exactly wright, I am only referring to the rumor that he impregnated a hostess at Nebraska. I too believe he has been doing a little double talking as of late, however I wonder hom much of this is being guided by his so called handler that is also involved with BB.

I'll buy she's probably not pregnant, but, to say it's all about school and living with them?  OK, it's not emotional, David, it's just physical...Let's see, Norman is just south of his home town (OU)...OK. City is just west of it...The state of Kansas separates Oklahoma and Nebraska, and there is no HS but Lincoln East in Nebraska that offers what he needs to qualify for college...This is incredibly hilarious...

I just heard that a guy on JOX out of Birmingham is reporting that UT and Nebraska are no longer recruiting David Oku and that Auburn may have decided to back off as well.  Supposedly Syracuse and Ole Miss are still all over him, though.

I would still like to know how in the world Houston Nutt could convince so many running backs to commit to Ole Miss when, unless they are extremely talented, are probably going to be buried in the depth chart.

It does appear to be a soap opera but I agree with an earlier post that advises we need to give him some space and let our coaches decide if he is bankable and worthy of an offer..I doubt any school would turn him down if he decided to sign..Look at Herschel Walker, he did fine at Georgia and we're hearing now he had multiple personalities while playing there..

The real reason Oku changed schools:

http://www.3sib.com/2009/02/24/maybe-david-oku-isnt-crazy-after-all/#more-6206

after looking at that,.... this kid may not be that dumb after all......

I wonder if that really is his girlfriend  :dunno: if it is...that would explain a lot  ;D

Archived