Oku Update

Jackson-Sullivan

You know, after watching film of this guy, I REALLY hope we get him. However, I just don't think it's going to happen at this point. I do understand kids wanting to be sure, but what could possibly be taking so long here? I've said it before, I think he is waiting to see what Bryce Brown is going to do.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i think we have a great shot at him but i just wish he would decide b/c i really think the longer he waits the more wishy washy he is gonna become. I don't think Bryce Brown has anything to do with his decision b/c they really don't have any schools they are looking at in common

The whole thing just seems strange to me. Oku said that he would anounce around the 17th (and didn't), BB is scheduled to make a decision by 3/16. Oku now comes out and says that he CAN'T commit,....??? WTF? They are both part of that Potential Players crap, and both have A LOT of interest in UT, regardless of what anyone says. Sorry, .... I'm just rambling again, but Im ready for this kid to be a Tiger, and all of this to be over with. I just don't think the ball is in our court on this one now.

I totally agree with you. I think it was out of the coaches hands once he went past National Signing Day b/c now they are only allowed one phone call a week

I really hate this because, as I have stated in the past this kid would fit nicely into Gus's style of offence, however his attitude of I dont know where I want to play college ball yet crap is really turning me off. I hope this kid is not some primadona that is addicted to the spotlite being on him. Hopefully that is not the case and we still get him.

I agree in that if he sees that maybe someone does not qualify at les say Ole Sis he may think he has a better shot against who makes it in. Still with his size and skills he would be smart to sign with the Orange and Blue.

:tdau::we:

I came across this on another AU board. I don't know if it's true or not, so take it for what it's worth.

I can't verify it but a usually reliable friend says Oku has up and transferred to a H.S. in Nebraska, presumably to live with a girl he met on his recruiting trip to NU. Goodby Mr. Oku.

Wait.....wonder if she can play basketball? (LOL).

Maybe they'll end up in a fight soon, and he'll want to get the heck out of Lincoln. LOL  And notice he said they didn't buy him a house, 'cause he'll be staying in an apartment. Hilarious!!

All I can say is,...... WOW!!!! Where are the adult males in this kids life, to kick him square in the @ss and tell him what an idiot he's being. Does he not realize that when he gets to college, whether it be AU or anywhere else, that girls will be throwing it at him. OMG,........  :dunno: wtf?

Days of Our Lives , As The World Turns..I hope he doesnt pull a groin on her and wind up in General Hospital

What a Soap Opera this has turned out to be..

Archived