Oku Update

Jackson-Sullivan

Kids that age do those kinda things.  Kids my age (29) do those kinda things for that matter.  IMO, If that is the only reason he decided to transfer to that school in Lincoln then there is nothing for the school that potentially lands him to worry about.  Love struck kids do those sorta things when their parents let them.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i wasn't buying that one. That is the main reason I didn't say anything about it. I kinda figured that wasn't his girlfriend. Everyone needs to leave him alone and let him live life. I'm sure this decision is hard enough without people messing with him every minute of the day.

You know, Sportstalk, for once I have to diagree with you.  These guys know the kind of notoriety that comes with being a top recruit.  Added to that, if you step outside of the norm by not picking a school in the "accepted" time frame, you have to know that people are going to start clamoring for any leaning you might have.  Truthfully, I think he brings most of this on himself by being notable.  It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it is the way that things are.  :wedance: 

You know, Sportstalk, for once I have to diagree with you.  These guys know the kind of notoriety that comes with being a top recruit.  Added to that, if you step outside of the norm by not picking a school in the "accepted" time frame, you have to know that people are going to start clamoring for any leaning you might have.  Truthfully, I think he brings most of this on himself by being notable.  It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it is the way that things are.   :wedance: 

Well the thing is the allotted time is until April 1st. All the recruits have until April 1st to sign with a team, but most just choose to do so the first day available. Which this year was Feb 4th. I totally understand where you are coming from though.

I think that Oku would make a great addition to the team, but I do not think he deserves all the attention that we, as board members, and others are giving him.  I think that he should be able to decide on his own time table.  If April 1st is the deadline, then why choose before that date if he does not want to.  I do not like all the extra attention that these kids, and that is exactly what they are, receive by these decisions or lack there of.  If he decides to go to Auburn that will be great, but if he doesn't then that will be OK too.  Just looks like to me that he doesn't really know yet what he wants to do.

Has anyone heard how long he will be in Auburn for. I believe its coming down to him signing soon and think its great that he is visting Auburn this late in the game. If he signs great because he has the potential to be something special in our new offence. If he doesn't well I wish him the best and we will move forward.

:wedance::believe:

I think that Oku would make a great addition to the team, but I do not think he deserves all the attention that we, as board members, and others are giving him.  I think that he should be able to decide on his own time table.  If April 1st is the deadline, then why choose before that date if he does not want to.  I do not like all the extra attention that these kids, and that is exactly what they are, receive by these decisions or lack there of.  If he decides to go to Auburn that will be great, but if he doesn't then that will be OK too.  Just looks like to me that he doesn't really know yet what he wants to do.

thank you! my thoughts exactly...we are all guilty of giving him too much attention.

Not only is David Oku back in town, but another surprise recruit is visting the Plains this weekend.

Jay Wisner  WR, 6-2, 195

Boseman, Montana

Saddlebrook Community College

Mission Viejo, California

Archived