How good will we be?

TgrPrde1

I am excited about basketball season. I am thinking we can build on our success of last year and make it to the big dance. What do you guys think? I am I just looking through my auburn colored glasses or do you think we will be good this year.

:wedance:

Guest auburn warrior

i think we have enough to make it to the sweet sixteen and elite 8 and no im not just saying that because i love auburn and expect them to do well in each sport but i just believe each year could be the year we goo all the way

I wanna say we'll make it to the Big Dance but I really don't see it happening. We lost Barber and Barrett. Two huge starters for us the past few years. And with absolutely no size down low, we cant man up. We're forced to play zone defense. I expect DeWayne Reed (all sec performer) and Frankie Sullivan to have big years but sorry guys...

Its not happening  :beatmullet:

This team actually has way more size than any team during the Lebo era. Kenny Gabriel, Ty Armstrong, and Robert Chubb are all over 6-8 to go along with Hargrove, Lett, and Knox. Throw in the addition of three 6-5 guards in Ross, Neysmith, and Malone, and this is probably the team most ready to be competitive from a size perspective in years. The depth is also there for the first time in as long as I can remember. I am excited about this squad and think the tournament is a very legitimate expectation.

Only 5 can be on the court at one time. And 6' 8'' compared to 7' against other SEC opponents just isnt fair. you do realize thats 4 inches, right?

Well, luckily for us, there is only one 7-footer in the SEC and he is a freshman. Only 3 teams have guys at 6'11". Bama, Arkansas, and South Carolina don't even have any guys at 6'10", while Auburn has two to go along with 6'9" Ty Armstrong. Don't make statements you can't back up.

And of course I understand that you can only play 5 guys at a time, which is why I pointed out the importance of the bigger guards. I am not saying this team will go to the Sweet 16, but if they fail, it will not because they don't have the size. If you are going to go insulting people's intelligence, you should have something to back it up.

Auburn will have a good combination of size and speed which will allow them to be versatile. They can match up with some bigger teams, and run with the faster teams.

I cant wait for the season to start!

I think it comes down to how well the new guys can replace the defense and rebounding of Vot.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Vot played like a beast last year and was almost a given for a double double.  It would be great to have that production from someone or a committee.

Auburn will have a good combination of size and speed which will allow them to be versatile. They can match up with some bigger teams, and run with the faster teams.

I cant wait for the season to start!

Love the post, guerra!  And baseballman, you're on the money!

Archived