Neat popup test

poboy4AU

Firefox scored 100 and IE 6 SP2 Release 2 scored 100 on my computer.

Firefox scored 100 and IE 6 SP2 Release 2 scored 100 on my computer.

Good ole IE! Way to go Microsoft!

BG :poke: Titan

Welcome to three years ago Microsoft! Yay! ;)

Normal popup blocking = Passed

Full-screen popup blocking = Passed

Channel-opener popup blocking = Failed

Modeless dialog blocking = Failed

Browser window popup blocking = Passed

User-launched HREF-method popup allowing = Passed

User-launched JavaScript-method popup allowing = Failed

User-launched OnClick-method popup allowing = Failed

User-launched Delayed-method popup allowing = Failed

Only scored 60. I am using Pop-up Stopper - what can I do to improve???

If you have Windows XP, you can download the latest Service Pack. BamaGrad can post the link. If you don't or don't want to fool with it, I'd suggest downloading Mozilla Firefox from www.mozilla.org. It has a built in pop up blocker that works much better than the third party apps.

If you have Windows XP, you can download the latest Service Pack.  BamaGrad can post the link.  If you don't or don't want to fool with it, I'd suggest downloading Mozilla Firefox from www.mozilla.org.  It has a built in pop up blocker that works much better than the third party apps.

This is my work laptop, so I have to use IE. I use Firefox at home.

I checked for upgrades, and it told me none were available. Oh well - I'll keep trying...

Guest AuNuma1
This is my work laptop, so I have to use IE. I use Firefox at home. But if BG will post the link, I will sure as heck upgrade the Pop-up blocker!!

You can use Microsoft's beta software but you can't use Mozilla's beta software (Firefox)? How is that?

This is my work laptop, so I have to use IE.  I use Firefox at home.  But if BG will post the link, I will sure as heck upgrade the Pop-up blocker!!

You can use Microsoft's beta software but you can't use Mozilla's beta software (Firefox)? How is that?

It's corporate standard. The policy is to keep the computers all running the same stuff. Technically I should not have the popup blocker or the Spybot software on here at all, because I downloaded it myself and it is not "approved" software but the IT guy I am friends with told me as an aside that they are happy about those kinds of downloads, even tho it is technically against policy.

Guest AuNuma1

Well, you're about to seriously alter Windows with that beta service pack. It's not just an upgrade for IE...you might want to ask your IT friend before you do that.

Archived