Clint Mosely.Next AU gunslinger or scout team dummy?

wardamnpjm

With all the talk lately of possibly landing Cam Newton and all the hype surrounding Tyrik Rollison,Clint Moseley's name gets mentioned very little. AU has an arsenal of unproven QB's on the roster going into 2010. One of those QB's is Leroy's Clint Moseley. IMO Auburn landed the state of Alabama's best player last year when Mr. Moseley commited to Auburn. Clint is built to play QB at 6'4" and 200lbs. He was the state of Alabama's Mr.Football last year and led his team to three straight titles while winning most valuable player in two of those.Moseley edged out the backs of the year in Class 3A and 6A - Cordova senior running back Tim Simon and Gadsden City defensive back Dre' Kirkpatrick, respectively - in the voting by the ASWA members who voted on the group's All-State football committee.Moseley threw for 3,749 yards his Sr. season on 209-of-315 passing with 35 touchdowns and five interceptions.He also ran for 693 yards and 15 touchdowns. For his career, he has thrown for more than 8,100 yards and 79 touchdowns. He also ended his football career on a 25-game winning streak. Those numbers are very impressive!!!! Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Moseley could be AU's next big time gunslinger? With all the hype surrounding Newton and Rollison these days(neither of which have even played one single snap in an Auburn game)and Caudle/Trotter waiting in the wings Clint has sorta gotten lost in the shuffle. I have a gut feeling about Clint and I just can't put my finger on why that feeling just won't go away. I am the only one? Will Clint Moseley become Auburn's next great gunslinger before he graduates? I think with one more year of learning the system he is gonna surprise some coaches and a whole lot of fans. Nobody will see it coming........JMHO!!!!!!!!! What do you guys think?

btw.....he put those numbers up in Alabama's 2A class.  that's a step above 8 man flag football.  you can't leave that stat out. 

He also threw the ball to 2A recievers, and had blocking by 2A lineman.

btw.....he put those numbers up in Alabama's 2A class.  that's a step above 8 man flag football.  you can't leave that stat out. 

That's true but when you throw up the kind of #'s he put up YOU CAN PLAY!!!!! I could spend all day spitting out stars and stats of QB's who played for smaller high schools and were hardly recognized by the national pundits who lit up the college football world. Sam Bradford comes to mind(although injuries ruined it for him this year). I just have a feeling about the kid. Would I be upset if we signed Newton? Heck no!! He may never work out. I don't have a crystal ball:). Just a gut feeling on my end. I have watched alot of his video's and his arm strength and accuracy are scary. No matter what division you play in when you can hit a target as accurately as he can..........thats skill.

^^^^^ QFT!!!!!! ^^^^^

At the 2A level O is always better than D. Yes he threw to 2A receivers, but 2A DB are even worse. HS numbers dont matter at all on the college level.

I think you are overvaluing Clint a little. He has not even played in our O until the bowl practices. Yes he is good on the scout, but will that translated to being good in front of 100K turds in Tuberville West Stadium?  Only time will tell.

^^^^^ QFT!!!!!! ^^^^^

What does Quantum Field Theory have to do with it?

^^^^^ QFT!!!!!! ^^^^^

What does Quantum Field Theory have to do with it?

that's what i thought of first.....

At the 2A level O is always better than D. Yes he threw to 2A receivers, but 2A DB are even worse. HS numbers dont matter at all on the college level.

I think you are overvaluing Clint a little. He has not even played in our O until the bowl practices. Yes he is good on the scout, but will that translated to being good in front of 100K turds in Tuberville West Stadium?  Only time will tell.

Typically 2A Offenses are better than 2A defenses because of two reasons: Depth and offensive systems. The talent level on both sides of the field are typically even. Spread offenses and little depth on defense cause offenses on a 2A level to almost always prevail.

Anyways, he played in GMal's offense in fall camp and then worked with the scout team during season. He has worked out of the playbook and as he said he knows all the plays but certainly enjoyed the refresher course during bowl practices.

Clint Moseley is a legit QB. I'm not going by high school numbers, I'm going off of game film, practice notes, and practice evaluations. He's tall and has a cannon arm. He's mobile in the pocket and he can take off and run. He is accurate and makes good decisions with the ball. He scans the field as good as any freshman QB I can remember seeing.

As far as his value goes? We won't know until spring practice when we get an idea about how he will fit in the pecking order at QB. The only thing certain is that his value at QB won't be decided by his offensive numbers in HS.

I saw him two years in the state championship.  He can play.  I don't care what level it is.  He can play.  I'll say this also, if another QB beats Mosley and Trotter out of the starting position then he will be a great QB and able to run the Malzahn Offense.  Because I know Mosley and Trotter are both very good QBs and know the offense.   

I saw him two years in the state championship.  He can play.  I don't care what level it is.  He can play.  I'll say this also, if another QB beats Mosley and Trotter out of the starting position then he will be a great QB and able to run the Malzahn Offense.  Because I know Mosley and Trotter are both very good QBs and know the offense.    

Personally i'll be very nervous if it's Trotter unless he's gained some arm strength between now and when he played HS. As far as Mosley goes I've never seen him throw a ball in person, but I wonder if he would have gotten a scholarship last year if we knew Rollison was going to qualify? I'm still holding out for Newton or Rollison.

Well. If Mosley is go good then why was he on the scout? Which is the the last QB on the roster? Tyrik beat him out.

He was slated for a redshirt from day one.  That doesn't necessarily mean he was last on the depth chart in the coaches' minds.  Go back and read CGM comments from the first week of bowl practice when Mosley was getting some reps at QB.  He was very pleased with him. 

Nobody should count any of these qbs out just yet... all of them are capable of stepping up and running this offense.

now it just a matter of who is the best fit and who can come along this quickest and be a leader. Time will tell

I agree with Guerra....the competition should make the eventual starting QB much, much better.  It looks there will be one incredible battle to win the job.

Well. If Mosley is go good then why was he on the scout? Which is the the last QB on the roster? Tyrik beat him out.

Someone has to be the scout QB. Clint is a brilliant guy, I'm sure that along with him being a redshirt freshman made him the default scout QB.

Personally I believe we are in good hands for next few years at QB. I feel comfortable with Moseley, Trotter, and Rollison at the helm of the offense. I believe they will do the job when it comes their time. IMO.

Archived