what???

Guest auburn warrior

Guest auburn warrior

im watching auburn vs usc on tv they just showed beard eaves and hardly anyone is their we can do better than that

well in our defense, school is not back in session yet. my friends and i would have been there but aren't going back til tomorrow. however, i've never been to a sellout there and it is quite frustrating :banghead:. the lsu game last year was pretty packed. the new arena scheduled to open next season has less seats so it should have a better feel :wareagle:

I was there and it was not to much fun.  Students need to get involved.  I drove two hours to watch the game and two hours home.  I am a season ticket holder and have been to all the games that I could get to.  Not a good product on the floor right now.  We do not seem to have any structure to our game plan.  They all just run and gun.

I was there and it was not to much fun.  Students need to get involved.  I drove two hours to watch the game and two hours home.  I am a season ticket holder and have been to all the games that I could get to.  Not a good product on the floor right now.  We do not seem to have any structure to our game plan.  They all just run and gun.

as a season ticket holder... do you think lebo should be fired? ... and that game today was disgusting to watch.

I have tried to give Lebo a chance but it just does not seem to be getting any better.  Last year was the only good year he has had.  I am ready to see the program progress.  As bad as they looked today he did not do much subing of players. If I were one of these young players I would be getting discouraged. 

I have tried to give Lebo a chance but it just does not seem to be getting any better.  Last year was the only good year he has had.  I am ready to see the program progress.  As bad as they looked today he did not do much subing of players. If I were one of these young players I would be getting discouraged. 

I bet Reed, Waller, and co. are glad this is their last year in the program.

Build a winning program and the fans will show up. Lebo has had 5 years to build a winner and he's yet to do so. The clock should be ticking on him.

I was there and I wasn't excited by our showing.  Too many easy misses and not enough movement on offense.  Defense had to know that the USC point guard was going to shoot but we did a very poor job stopping him.

It was the usual street ball preformance that we've seen the last 6 years. Im watching the Tenn-Kansas game right now and it just amazes me how Auburn doesnt even have any form at all. I dont see us winning more than 4-5 conf. games this year.

If our basketball team would win I would go.  The only packed house I've seen was last years Auburn vs Tennessee WOMENS basketball.  The new Auburn Arena actually downsized seating so it won't hold as many people but we will never pack it out anyways.  I love Lebo but I believe we need a new coach to lead us into the new arena. 

If Lebo does get the ax the new arena turns into a big selling point for a coaching search.  Maybe we can even get a big name coach in here.  That would be nice!

You will not get a "big name" coach in here for the sole fact that the athletic dept does not really care about basketball.  It is all about the football program.  The only reason we have a new arena is because the old one is such an embarrassment.  I wish had someone in the athletic dept that cared about basketball.

:dunno:

IMO this will be a very big opportunity for Auburn to lay the foundation to be a very desirable school to play basketball.  If Lebo does go, it has a chance to become something special one day.  You may not get one of the few "big names" in college basketall but if you can find a coach who can recruit and knows how to put a team together that can win, then I don't think it has to be a big name.  Chizik wasn't a very big name, but one year in he has things looking very promising.  This opportunity doesn't come along very often.  Not saying that it will happen but if they play their cards right, then the possibility is there.  Either way I think the next two years could be interesting to watch play out.

Lets get Barkley to coach..

haha I like this idea. We would kill two birds with one stone, having a big name coach (hahahaha) and would rid ourselves of the "plantation" bias.

We can get anybody if we pay the right amount , I just don't think we want to spend that kind of money

That seems to be the problem.

:'(

SORRY FOR THE LENGTH  BUT IT NEEDS TO BE SAID AND EXPLAINED:

Its absolutely past time for Lebo to hit the road.  He was a failure from the VERY BEGINNING.  When he was hired after they fired Ellis there was plenty of talent on the team. What happened then you may ask? HE ran off every good player we had. Killingsworth and Monroe, then Douglas, Curtis, and several others I cant think of now over the first 2 season he was here.  I was floored that everyone kept leaving.  He must have been a real pain to work with for all those guys to transfer elsewhere.  He hasnt recruited worth a flip and watching Auburn games is painful if you are a real fan of basketball.  Its jungle gym basketball with no structure, seemingly no real plan at all and the offensive "plays" are literally offensive.  One thing that is just beyond explaining is why every single year the team is freaking terrible shooting free throws. How many games could have been won with better shooting at the line? TOO MANY TO COUNT.  You would think that if Lebo had a brain he would spend a good portion of practice working on free throws.  Hell, hire a guy that specializes in free throws.  There are people out there that do that if Lebo feels he isnt capable of doing it.  That is just one thing of many that makes me angry and I know that annoys some of you as well.  The single most predictable aspect of the game and Auburn is a massive failure at the line EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!  I started at Auburn in 98.  We had a good team back in those days and a GREAT coach. Ellis did more with less than anyone in the conference. We had at least one NBA prospect every year and people actually came to the games. There was excitement in the program.  Heck I remember that most years the Alabama game would be a sellout and several others were close.  We won the SEC and made the big dance and had success in it several times.  We were 10 seconds from beating eventual national champ Syracuse one year. Before that even when Porter was there we were preseason ranked top 5 in most publications and Porter made the cover of SI.  My how things have changed.  Lebo cant recruit worth a damn and every year we play small ball and heave and pray.  Year after year I keep expecting him to field a team that is constructed properly and year after year we get the same 4 guard line up with a 6'6 guy playing center/forward.  ITS A JOKE. Guys, come on; look at whats going on without the rose colored glasses on and realize that we have had one "good" season since he has been at AU and REALIZE THAT THE ONE YEAR WE CONSIDER A "GOOD" SEASON WE DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE NCAA TOURNEY!!!  If our standards have fallen so far as to consider an NIT invite as a good successful season then you know its time to rebuild and start over.  I dont know about most of you, but if we open the new arena with this proven loser as our coach ill puke.  Hes a super nice guy but a TERRIBLE BASKETBALL COACH IN EVERY ASPECT. Seriously, name one aspect of basketball coaching that he has been really succesfull at?????.....anyone..........

I totally disagree.  You do not just go to support a substandard product.  Let's be real.  Sports is a business.  When we put a good product out there, people will come and see.  Lebo has had time to do this.  Much more than most programs would give, only because the AD doesn't care about the BB program.  We need a coach who can not only recruit in the SEC, but coach them to win.  We seem to have found this in the football program.  Why can we not also have this in the BB program?

JJ...get us a winner in BB.  I beg you!

:wedance:

Lets get Barkley to coach..

haha I like this idea. We would kill two birds with one stone, having a big name coach (hahahaha) and would rid ourselves of the "plantation" bias.

+1. This just made my day.

well in our defense, school is not back in session yet. my friends and i would have been there but aren't going back til tomorrow. however, i've never been to a sellout there and it is quite frustrating :banghead:. the lsu game last year was pretty packed. the new arena scheduled to open next season has less seats so it should have a better feel :wareagle:

Ive seen two sell outs there... it can be very loud and fun... but not lately lol so ... lame for now

Archived