Chester Willis

AUBigCat

I was listening to Sports Call on the radio as I was driving from Montgomery to Opelika and a caller asked if any school had put more RBs in the NFL than Auburn in the past 25 years.  Several callers called in afterwards to name NFL RBs and an older guy called in an named Chester Willis who played for the Oakland Raiders.  When I was a kid my mom, a school teacher at the time, brought home an autographed poster of Chester Willis.  He had come to their school to speak to her class.  I never knew who he was. Only that he played for the Raiders cause it said so on the poster, and he was from GA.  I had a signed NFL poster from an Auburn RB about 6 years before I had ever heard of Auburn or even applied for school there!! :bananadance:  I wonder if my mom knows where my poster is?? I'm 38 now so she may have misplaced it. :laugh: :laugh:  Just thought I'd share that!!  I have never heard anyone mention his name when talking about out great RB history. :dunno:

For some reason this post brings George Peoples to mind. Peoples is seldom mentioned among great Auburn tailbacks but he did hang 160 yds on the turds in a losing effort in 1981. He played 4 years in the NFL. Passed away in 2003 at the age of 43'

Archived