What is a good recruiting percentage?

87aubie

In baseball, if someone bats .300 or better, they are considered good.  .400 is off the charts.  What's a good percentage in recruiting?  We are after Latt, Lemonier, Whitaker, and Jones as our final "big four."  Obviously, I'd love a sweep, but what if we get only one?  Or two?  At what point does disappointment over not getting everyone on the list turn into "Dang, these guys are dynamite recruiters??!?!"

We will get two on that list. One is a likely and one is up in the air. You will not see any of the rest of the top 10 recruiting teams do any better closing. I would say they are doing exceptionally well. .500 would be good though, if a percentage is necessary.

Asked this question a few days ago and now it seems more relevant.  It appears, based on majority of mod/admin opinion from AE and other sites that we get Jones but not Lemonier or Lattimore.  Since we already got Whitaker, that puts us at .500 on the final four.  That's a hall of fame batting average in baseball and, I think, pretty dang good in football recruiting.

The better percentage to look at for recruiting is the percentage of recruits that show up on campus.  Florida and Bama have done a tremendous job of doing this the past 3 years and I hope we start a trend of it too.

Archived