Olive Branch

12au12

With shon coleman this year and darren bates last year it seems as though we have our foot in the door at Olive Branch HS. Does anyone know why we havent pursued the damien robinson kid from there as well. He actual started off as a 5 star  tackle.

We actually recruited him early. I'm pretty sure we stopped communication with him after we picked up Ed Christian. I don't think he was interested in Auburn anyways.

I don't think he showed us much interest early on. Scout always had his interest level in us as low. I'm more interested in OBHS becoming like a pipeline for us. That school basically recruits. If i'm not mistaken both Bates and Coleman are both from Memphis. Moved to OB to play ball.

Yeah he is intrested....and Trooper is to.

I doubt this.

I saw him Sat night on his visit to Memphis.  The evaluation of who was the best lineman on that OB team really changed during this season.  SC is by far the best prospect.  DR will most likely sign with MSU, maybe with Memphis if mom gets to keep him close to home. 

Think he and Shon decided to go in different directions. Maybe not that

fond of each other ? ? ? ?

No connection.  They always seemed to set visits to the same place a week apart.

yea ive also heard that they wouldnt want to play together i think damien got most of the attention early on because he is freakishly massive but  shon is still huge and a lot more upside i think  and yes OB is the football factory of mississippi

I'm not sure. Robinson got all the pub early on. He was expected to be the top recruit on that team. We were one of the first to give Coleman a look. He ended up having the better season. I've haven't heard them speak of each other so I don't know if that's good or bad. And I don't think they took any visits together which would've made sense if they wanted to play together. That would've been a package deal no coach could pass up. Their experience playing together is invaluable for olineman.

J Campbell is from Taylorsville, MS

I see that now. The last five minutes I researched Olive Branch and see Frenchy is from there as well as Aubrey Phillips, but I still remember a bigger name coming from Olive Branch. 

I see that now. The last five minutes I researched Olive Branch and see Frenchy is from there as well as Aubrey Phillips, but I still remember a bigger name coming from Olive Branch. 

Daren Bates

Daren Bates

No, not Bates, thats what triggered all this, oh well. I remember a bigger name from a while ago but after 5 pages of google I'm stopping. It's not that important :laugh:

Olive Branch is a suburb of Memphis and a relative new comer to big time football.  They now have incredible facilities.

They basically recruit kids now.  Bates transferred from Christian Brothers down there for his senior year.  Fred Smith's son transferred there and the facilities got upgraded.  They don't have a tradition like South Panola. 

Think he and Shon decided to go in different directions. Maybe not that

fond of each other ? ? ? ?

I recall reading an article last summer on Damien.  He said that he and Shon were good friends, but that their choices would be completely their own and that he didn't care if he went to a school where he already knew people (Shon and Darren) or not. 

Frenchy is form St Thomas Aquinas in Ft Lauderdale I think

Auburn actually signed a couple of offensive linemen from there in the 90's. They did not make a significant contribution and I can't remember their names.

Not trying to bash Mr. Coleman, but through an uncle, i tailgated with a former Auburn lineman in the 80's at the Auburn/Bama game..His son is a SOPH DT @ Brentwood academy out of Tennessee and maybe it is just the father-son deal or one bad game but he said he manhandled Shon in their game. And then I saw him in the AAA game and he looked terrific. Once I find the name of the lineman and his son I will repost.

Not trying to bash Mr. Coleman, but through an uncle, i tailgated with a former Auburn lineman in the 80's at the Auburn/Bama game..His son is a SOPH DT @ Brentwood academy out of Tennessee and maybe it is just the father-son deal or one bad game but he said he manhandled Shon in their game. And then I saw him in the AAA game and he looked terrific. Once I find the name of the lineman and his son I will repost.

I bet that man has some land and used cars he'll sell ya too lol

Archived