Olive Branch

12au12

I have worked at Delta in Memphis, OB seems to turn out a gret deal of talent at least it has over the last three years. When I first saw that Auburn was looking at a kid that close to Memphis I mentioned it to a co-worker who is an Ole Miss grad and he made the statement that just about every team in the SEC has a player from Olive Branch, dont know if this is just a blanket they are good statement or a varifiable fact but I seem to remember Alabama having someone from there as well over the last few years.

J Campbell is from Taylorsville, MS

I see that now. The last five minutes I researched Olive Branch and see Frenchy is from there as well as Aubrey Phillips, but I still remember a bigger name coming from Olive Branch. 

So Frenchy isnt all that Frenchy, is he!

I have worked at Delta in Memphis, OB seems to turn out a gret deal of talent at least it has over the last three years. When I first saw that Auburn was looking at a kid that close to Memphis I mentioned it to a co-worker who is an Ole Miss grad and he made the statement that just about every team in the SEC has a player from Olive Branch, dont know if this is just a blanket they are good statement or a varifiable fact but I seem to remember Alabama having someone from there as well over the last few years.

Rod Woodson 4* safety signed last year.

Not trying to bash Mr. Coleman, but through an uncle, i tailgated with a former Auburn lineman in the 80's at the Auburn/Bama game..His son is a SOPH DT @ Brentwood academy out of Tennessee and maybe it is just the father-son deal or one bad game but he said he manhandled Shon in their game. And then I saw him in the AAA game and he looked terrific. Once I find the name of the lineman and his son I will repost.

Their is a kid at Brentwood who is a likely 5 star next year I can't remember his name but the kid is a beast.

\just about every team in the SEC has a player from Olive Branch

Just about every team in the SEC has, or has had in the last 5 years, a player from Hoover High School (Ala.)

Auburn should really start recruiting there more often.

Auburn actually signed a couple of offensive linemen from there in the 90's. They did not make a significant contribution and I can't remember their names.

My high school's OL coach went to high school there. He played some his freshmen year and started from his sophomore year on. His name was Jeremy Toungett. His best friend is Kendall Simmons.

J Campbell is from Taylorsville, MS

I see that now. The last five minutes I researched Olive Branch and see Frenchy is from there as well as Aubrey Phillips, but I still remember a bigger name coming from Olive Branch. 

So Frenchy isnt all that Frenchy, is he!

As stated in a previous post, PPL is from St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft; Lauderdale, FL.

Hoover High School has a booster culture that is very pro-UAT, unfortunately. When Rush Propst was their coach, he really pushed his kids to UAT, and I'm told that was because he wanted a job there. The current coach seems to be similarly "fond" of UAT.

My daughter graduated from Spain Park, which is more Auburn-friendly.

:-\

We actually recruited him early. I'm pretty sure we stopped communication with him after we picked up Ed Christian. I don't think he was interested in Auburn anyways.

Jonesy in your picture of the recruits LOI sent in did you see the ! mark besides Dyer's & Reed's name?

Archived