Gabe Wright

brad5628AU

Hate to keep bringing this one up, but MM at Scout posted that he is not so sure Wright will sign with AU. He said that UT had moved ahead of AU until this past weekend. Who knows what he will do.

That's true. Gabe wants to go to AU, but it may not happen because of influence on Gabe's family by a prominent UT booster.  This one has turned south on us in the last 24 hours.  Pretty up in the air what Gabe will do or, more accurately put, be allowed to do.  If I had to guess right now, I'd guess UT, but I would have said AU yesterday, so there's a lot of volatility.

In that is true about the UT booster then wouldn't that be an NCAA violation?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gabe is a Tiger. He is ALL-IN. Come on, he has even been on campus the last two weeks in a row. He even wears Under Armour Blue and Orange sunglasses.

It would be pretty shocking if Gabe went elsewhere.

If Gabe decides, it's AU.  If his family decides for him, it's UT.  It's that simple.

He's coming to Auburn. ST has him at 99%. Don't believe everything you hear, especially today of all days

Mark Murphy is typically very conservative and doesn't get into much speculation or rumors at all. If Mark did post this then I would say it is not good at all and will be a good test of who has the correct info.

wde

I'm not worried about tests.  ST is right most of the time.  So what if he is incorrect, or more accurately stated, if he hasn't gotten the latest information yet.

He's coming to Auburn. ST has him at 99%. Don't believe everything you hear, especially today of all days

Mark Murphy is typically very conservative and doesn't get into much speculation or rumors at all. If Mark did post this then I would say it is not good at all and will be a good test of who has the correct info.

wde

I'm not worried about tests.  ST is right most of the time.  So what if he is incorrect, or more accurately stated, if he hasn't gotten the latest information yet.

You are right, test is probably the wrong word to use.  ST is right much of the time.  I am just saying Mark Murphy is conservative to the point of missing on alot of the scoops so if he is saying/posting this, then I am giving it alot of credence.

wde

Yep, that is why I am a little worried and I posted it.

Hate to keep bringing this one up, but MM at Scout posted that he is not so sure Wright will sign with AU. He said that UT had moved ahead of AU until this past weekend. Who knows what he will do.

That's true. Gabe wants to go to AU, but it may not happen because of influence on Gabe's family by a prominent UT booster.  This one has turned south on us in the last 24 hours.  Pretty up in the air what Gabe will do or, more accurately put, be allowed to do.  If I had to guess right now, I'd guess UT, but I would have said AU yesterday, so there's a lot of volatility.

In that is true about the UT booster then wouldn't that be an NCAA violation?

I was wondering the exact same thing.  They were saying on 104.5 this morning that his brother (I think, was definitely some family member) works for the booster.  In my opinion if this doesn't cross lines it definitely toes them closely.  But as of this morning 104.5 thinks he's heading to UT (disclaimer: 104.5 is definitey UT biased however).

It's looking good for Auburn as far as Wright goes, but you never know what kids will do. In 2 or 3 years Auburn will be competing for championships with or without Wright, so Lets just watch and see what happens.

We know for a fact that is BS, because Gabe said himself that he saved his last visit for his favorite school.

someone posted on al.com he is going to tennesse...????

Haven't you heard we're losing all our committments tomorrow. I'm thinking we will end up ranked a #120 class after tomorrow

I said it last year and I'll say it again. Recruiting is an up and down process for us fans. Early it was up one month and down the next. The it's up for two weeks and down the next two weeks. Then it is up for a week and down the next. We are fully into the swing of up one minute and down the next. Take a step back and a deep breathe. Drink if you want/can and calm down. Auburn did pretty good last year and I see no reason why they won't do well this year. Remember, the coaches were turning guys away.

Question.  Why are you reading al.com/forums - today of all days???  There is nothing but flaming and pot stirring over there.  Those folks don't know **** from shineola.

*Please refrain from using "non-family friendly" language here. Thanks!

Haven't you heard we're losing all our committments tomorrow. I'm thinking we will end up ranked a #120 class after tomorrow

LOL.....I love it.... ST even tweeted today welcome to NSD eve where rumors are rampant and everyone has a source... :laugh:...It happened last year too. Enjoy the ride all weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :trampoline::yay::partey: and stop listening to the :devil: posters on other sites. Our class will be top 10 and we are getting top otch players. WDE!!!!!!!!

Yes - we will only get the recruits that Bama didnt want

Question.  Why are you reading al.com/forums - today of all days???  There is nothing but flaming and pot stirring over there.  Those folks don't know **** from shineola.

But you let people say bama in post after post????  :-\

But you let people say bama in post after post????  :-\

Let's watch the language.

This spreading all over Twitter for the last 45 minutes:

"Word out of Columbus right now is Carver-Columbus DT Gabe Wright to #Tennessee over #Auburn."

Don't know if it's true so don't shoot the messenger.

Archived