Gabe Wright

brad5628AU

Why the sudden drop?  Do you feel that it is likely to drop again?

Think this one has been decided in the last hour against the good guys.  Maybe Gabe will change his mind, but right now it looks like Gabe is going to follow his family's wishes and not his own and head to Rocky Top.  Leaves a big hole in the class IMO in what will otherwise be a stellar class.

unfortunately, I'm starting to agree with you. I've wrote if off and wrote it off,... but now, who knows. If he does go to UT, this will be the biggest signing day disapointment in a LONG time....

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So has AUQBDAD reported back on anything regarding late changing news?  I bet Kiehl would be burning the text up, but I read he lost his phone today.

Think this one has been decided in the last hour against the good guys.  Maybe Gabe will change his mind, but right now it looks like Gabe is going to follow his family's wishes and not his own and head to Rocky Top.  Leaves a big hole in the class IMO in what will otherwise be a stellar class.

unfortunately, I'm starting to agree with you. I've wrote if off and wrote it off,... but now, who knows. If he does go to UT, this will be the biggest signing day disapointment in a LONG time....

yeah, for us AND him..UT football is in shambles and isnt gunna be decent again for a long time, and i really hate to see someone with the talent of Wright get stuck in that mess

Unless I'm wrong, 60% still makes AU the favorite.  

I was telling you about a very recent development.  My post and any % are entirely unrelated.  Just because ST posts a 60% number at one time doesn't mean it hasn't changed, especially this time of year.  

There's no room for logic here  ;)

Apparently not.  You act like somehow writing down a percentage guarantees a static situation that favors Auburn.  Things change.  Especially in recruiting.  Especially in February.

So you KNOW Gabe is UT bound?

Apparently not.  You act like somehow writing down a percentage guarantees a static situation that favors Auburn.  Things change.  Especially in recruiting.  Especially in February.

hey slow that roll take it easy on some of the guys in here you may trigger a lot of suicide watch calls. :-X:o;)

So are you going to post your percentages now. Since you're implying that you have more recent information than ST had 30 minutes ago, I think a lot of people would be interested.

Exactly.  But the basis of most of the panic is because the percentage was lowered.  

Vol Friends in Knoxville are calling and telling me that everybody is saying Gabe is 100% to Tennessee.

After living with them for the majority of my life I know how delusional they are though. So idk.

Here's a prediction for you, ST will have Gabe Wright at less than 50% when he does his final update.

I agree cause he can't make himself say GW to UT...Its all good tho we be cruitin good still. ;D

Here's a prediction for you, ST will have Gabe Wright at less than 50% when he does his final update.

I agree cause he can't make himself say GW to UT...Its all good tho we be cruitin good still. ;D

No doubt.  This is a great class no matter how we finish, but not getting Gabe will be a disappoinment

Seems possible. And really all we need is 0%, 49%, 50%, 51%, and 100%. Anything else just gets people panicked when they change, whether they move to another equivalence class or not.

How in the world could Gabe Wright go from listing Auburn as his favorite this past weekend and picking Tennessee, I mean he has been to Auburn how many times?

The same way we can flip a recruit who has been committed to our rival for 6 months, and then said rival have a shot of flipping him back.  This is big time recruiting.  Things change at the drop of a hat.

I don't know whats happening, but Tennessee fans are blowing up the forums claiming Wright is all UT. Hope not, I'd love for Wright to disappoint them tomorrow.

How in the world could Gabe Wright go from listing Auburn as his favorite this past weekend and picking Tennessee, I mean he has been to Auburn how many times?

Corey Grant visited Auburn alot but still went to the Bammers...

All right, if Wright goes to UT then the way this class is closing is having an opposite feel to it than there was last year. Listen, I'm not saying we're doing a bad job. I think our recruiting is going really well, I just don't like the feel we have going tonight. I went to bed last night with Roberson coming to Auburn, and now he is gone and Wright seems to be headed to UT. I trust the coaches completely, it's just not fun to get back on here and get that kind of news.

Regardless, as I said earlier there are diamonds out there at small schools who could dominate just like the kids from the bigger places. Our coaching staff is plenty good enough to find them, so I'm excited about that kind of opportunity. Still, I can't deny the fact that tonight doesn't have the same great feel for me going into tomorrow as last year did.

Archived