When will Barkley

AUWALT

If the coach we hire is the best coach out there and he "happens" to have skin a little darker than somebody else's skin, so what? What is the issue here? It's just a "skin color". My skin is darker than some other white people, so what? :dunno:

THIS IS THE MOST INSANE ARTICLE I HAVE READ IN A LONG, LONG TIME.  I WAS ON THE STEPS OF THE LIBRARY WHEN THE FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN STUDENT ENROLLED AT AUBURN.  THIS ABSOLUTELY INSULTS MY EVERY BONE.  THERE IS NO RASCISM ATAUBURN UNIVERSITY.

This is GARBAGE!!! Whatever happened to "not (being) judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." And here we go again... what are we going to accomplish by hiring an African American coach as opposed to, say, an Asian American coach...or a Spanish American coach... or a guy whose mother was European American (to stay with the PC theme) and his father was African American? Will he be black enough for you guys? You're so stinking racist and you don't even realize it. Thanks to you and those like the Revs, the issue of race will never die. We'll never be just seen as equals in your eyes. In your ignorance, you're just perpetuating the problem. Good job. Hey, at least you had your column submitted on time. Shouldn't have bothered.

I agree with this statement 100%. This was not written by me.

Weegle, I hope that rant was directed at Arenberg and not posters on here.  I tend to think that any person should be hired or fired based on qualifications and performance and not on race or sex.  I feel confident that the type of thinking that Arenberg was writing about is not what Dr. King wanted. 

The big problem now is, the more people talk about the race issue and that we should hire an African American, the more of an issue it is going to be if we don't hire and African American.  Let Jacobs and the search committee do their job and get the best coach for the job and for our program regardless of race. 

Guest Autiger88

Guys this is what is wrong with the state people like him what are we just going to hire somebody cause he's black I don't think so the B-ham news is still mad cause we hired Chizik instead of Gill. I don't care if the next coach is green colored as long as he wins Auburn is not a Racists School we go after the best man for the Job. :banghead:  >:(

No a4e, that was a post that I copied. I didn't write that. I think this was written by a black person and it was directed at Arenberg. This person was saying what we all have been saying. Hire the right person regardless of race. It was not directed at anybody on this site. Again, I DID NOT WRITE THIS! IT WAS COPIED. Sorry for the caps, just wanted to make sure everybody knew it didn't come from me.

No a4e, that was a post that I copied. I didn't write that. I think this was written by a black person and it was directed at Arenberg. This person was saying what we all have been saying. Hire the right person regardless of race. It was not directed at anybody on this site. Again, I DID NOT WRITE THIS! IT WAS COPIED. Sorry for the caps, just wanted to make sure everybody knew it didn't come from me.

It's cool man.  I thought it was directed at Arenberg.  He and I used to be friends.  We had a couple of run-ins over a couple of things with his Sports Dept. that I did not like.  Firstly, one of is photogs did not act in a professional manner at an event and I asked for that person to be reprimanded.  Nothing happened.  Secondly, I told him that his staff should get all the facts before publishing a story, after it appeared in the paper.  Then I asked him for a retraction of his initial story when I was proven to be right.  He said it was old news by then and that nobody wanted to read old news in the limited amount of space he has.  We haven't spoken since the last one.  

I wonder what the new Publisher of the Bham News, an Auburn fan, thinks about this Hot Corner?      

I just want a good recruiter, I truly believe recruiting the best players is almost more important that X's & O's in basketball

thats very true.. look at it this way calipari isn't a very good X's and O's coach at all

Archived