Mark Few

pram92

Mark Few is my favorite basketball coach in the country, by far. I'm only 29 but i lived up in Seattle for four years, while in the Air Force, and have pulled for the zags for many years now. There is no way he would leave Gonzaga to come here. I would think there might be a few jobs on the West Coast that might spark his interest but he has a dynasty in the making at Gonzaga. I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

I do think getting Mark Few is realistic, but it would have to be A LOT of money. He's got a great thing in the WCC where he can win that conference with the Zags every year and not really have any competition. Having said that, I do think that every coach has an ego and he may want to prove he can go somewhere else (or should I say a bigger place) and be successful. But it would have to be a great offer...and money talks. But honestly, I want Mike Anderson or Scott Drew.

I don't want Scott Drew due mainly to his questionable recruiting methods and he rubs other coaches in his conference the wrong way. He's a bright young coach with a great upside but i think we need a more traditional coach to get us back to our winning ways of years gone by.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncb/columns/story?columnist=caplan_jeff&id=4979714

Not realistic at all...

Almost any coach is realistic if you throw the money at him. Are we goin' to give $4M/year to a bball coach? No, but I'm just sayin'. If JJ really wanted somebody and would stop at nothing to get him, he could probably be hired. Money talks...LOUDLY.

I lived in Seattle, which is 4 hours west of spokane and I'm telling you...  money isn't everything. I have been close to the Zag program. I have had friends go to school there. For one, it is a totally different region, much less part of the country. His has been on the West Coast his entire career and all of his connections and contacts are in that region. He can go in homes and get recruits from all over the West Coast and BC, Canada because Gonzaga has become a basketball powerhouse on the West Coast. Do you think Coach K would leave Duke for Auburn if we "threw a lot of money at him"? No. Trust me, if Mark Few is turning down the UCLA and Arizona jobs, you can rest assure he is not coming to Auburn. Money isn't everything. If you need some proof, here it is.

<a href="http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/budwithers/2009015822_withers10.html"

I'm not saying Gonzaga is Duke in college basketball right now but they could be well on their way. While UCLA, USC, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, and other good basketball programs have been up and down, Mark Few and the Zags have been the one constant on the West Coast. Most importantly because he is not going anywhere and the recruits know that, love him and want to play there. We need to go find the next Mark Few, who wants to stay and turn Auburn into a powerhouse. Hopefully, JJ will find that guy.  :hellyeah:

Archived