JJ

wareagle987

I've liked some of the names I've heard on here so far.  I can't see Mike Davis being good for us.  But I am I the only one who thinks someone like Brad Stevens from Butler would be a great choice?

I would take Stevens in a heartbeat! I know some have said we aren't capable of landing someone like that, but I think we can do it if we go about it the right way. I'm really interested to see how JJ handles this one.

Tony Barbee and Sam Mitchell are also worthy of a look. The most expensive coach almost certainly wouldn't be the best fit for Auburn.

$$$ aren't the question here, finding the right guy is the question.

I just have a good feeling about Mitchell. I don't know why, I just see this guy winning at Auburn. New facilities to sell to recruits, NBA playing and coaching experience, he just seems to fit.

I just have a good feeling about Mitchell. I don't know why, I just see this guy winning at Auburn. New facilities to sell to recruits, NBA playing and coaching experience, he just seems to fit.

This :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The more I find out about Mitchell, the more he leads my wish list.

C'mon JJ  :believe:

Please! Please! Don't park a Yugo in our $92.5 million garage.

Yugo = Davis, Haith and Bartow Jr.

+10! Gimme Anderson, Alford, Smith, etc.

I like Brad Stevens too, I just don't think he would leave Butler...

What am I missing here? Is it because Butler is in an easier conference? He has a better shot of making the Tournament each year? Because to me, the SEC sometimes puts 6 teams into the conference.. how many does Horizon Conf put in each year... so which conference gives him a better chance to making the tourney?

I gotta give M. Davis some credit here. He had the makings of the number recruiting class last year. Top 5 for sure. He got commitments from D. Cousins and E. Bledsoe. He already had E. Millsap waiting in the wings after sitting out a transfer year. Cousins back out because UAB refused to give him the right to leave if Davis got a job elsewhere and that started a domino effect. The class he put together was put together at the last moment and he still got over 20 wins. I think that shows what kind of a coach he is. The perception on CUSA is the only reason he hasn't gotten into the tournament the last few years. Yes they stumbled down the stretch this year but a lot of other teams did as well. The guy can coach and recruit and the kids that play for him love him. If you ever got the privilege of being around hime you would love him to. The UAB fan base just sucks and is another reason the team doesn't get more respect. The real blemish he has is not being able to beat Memphis but not counting this year not many other guys can say they beat Memphis either. Look at the whole picture before you start to discredit the guy. He's a heck of a coach with a darn good staff working for him.

Archived