Will the new bb coach earn more than Chizik?

Well i think for one thing every schools arena isnt rupp. ALOT of college arenas hold in the range ours will hold. For two:  I think if we can hand 500 grand and 1 million to patty cake schools so they come play us, i think if we can do that we can throw another million at a coach. Just my opinion.

Dukes arena compared to UNC and Kentucky is tiny... but Duke is one of the hardest places in the country to play because of crowd noise, and courtside seating.

Auburn will have a chance to do this as well.

Well i think for one thing every schools arena isnt rupp. ALOT of college arenas hold in the range ours will hold. For two:  I think if we can hand 500 grand and 1 million to patty cake schools so they come play us, i think if we can do that we can throw another million at a coach. Just my opinion.

actually Mike Davis jr said that Bartow Arena (UAB) is usually louder than rupp arena

Dukes arena compared to UNC and Kentucky is tiny... but Duke is one of the hardest places in the country to play because of crowd noise, and courtside seating.

Auburn will have a chance to do this as well.

Definitely. I recently moved up here to bowling green ky and managed to go to a few western kentucky games. That arena is just about the exact size that ours is projected to be, and it is as loud as any. Arenas dont need to be too big. After living in knoxville, ive been to thompson boling arena plenty of times too and they place is just way too big. They had to put huge box seats in cause they couldnt fill the place up. We are building the perfect arena. Perfect size. People will see that once it is done and they attend a game. Ide take a cozy 9,000 seat arena over a 25,000 seat arena anyday, ive been to both sizes and cozy is better.

No offense to all of you that say Tubby Smith should not make more than CGC, that is an assanine statement.  IF CGC had been at Auburn for 5 years, won a SEC title and some bowl games, and then they want to pay a basketball coach more than, I would understand your sentiment.  Based on EXPERIENCE and history of SUCCESS, Tubby Smith SHOULD make more.  Proven head coaches in ANY sport dont come cheap.  That is a slap in Smith's face to say that he can't come to Auburn and make more than CGC SOLELY because he coaches BASKETBALL!  The football program is in great hands and his headed in the right direction.  This is about basketball and getting that program back to where it should be.  If that takes paying a PROVEN WINNNER more than CGC, than by God do it. WDE!

I agree. 

I think some people are under the impression if we pay the bb coach more than Chizik, that it is a slap in the face to Chizik.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  You have to pay what the market demands.  Besides, if Chizik continues to do what he did last year, he will soon get another raise and be above whatever we pay the bb coach.

:wedance:

What was Coach Lebo's salary? Just double this and you have what it will take to get a great coach possibly.

What was Coach Lebo's salary? Just double this and you have what it will take to get a great coach possibly.

I believe it was $750,000. Tubby Smith is making $1,750,000 at Miinnesota.

Is that $1.75M his salary or is that after incentives, camps and shoe deal? 

Is that $1.75M his salary or is that after incentives, camps and shoe deal?   

I have no idea but I do know that there is a salary freeze for all state employees in Minn and the AD is on record saying that if someone pays him more and he wants to go there is nothing he can do about it because he can't offer more salary as incentive to stay.

Archived