'10-'11 Starting 5?

AUtigers2324

Does anyone know what we're going to be able to do with the next years class? From what I've heard we only have 1 JR right now and we may not be able to do much recruiting wise b/c of the poor scholarship management by Lebo. He was more quantity over quality. I'd hate to see Barbee get in here and not be able to recruit his own players. Is he going to release people from their scholarships or what? I keep hearing Salter has asked for his release already, but any idea what we'll do outside of him?

The problem with releasing Steele and/or Salter is that those two can actually play the game. Also, guard is a position where we're hurting more than anywhere else except for a BIG man.

It's a tough situation. Some will be let go and some released but just who and how many only Barbee knows.

I bet Kemp comes in a pushes for some playing time. 6'9 235 is a big dude! But all in all it looks like we'll have pretty decent size next year. It would be nice if we could get a true PG to come in cause thats position really dictates how well an offense can be run. Who was that little guy that played in spots for Reed last year? He had some good skills as a PG

That little guy is Josh Wallace. He's a walk-on and I believe he was a redshirt freshman this past season. Good handler and defender, tough for him to score, though, seeing as he's so small. He's a warrior and I like him.

I loved the way Josh played. He was quick and played great D. Obviously Sullivan has secured his spot as a starter but the other 4 spots are wide open. I've heard that Barbee is doing awesome and getting great players interested in us and I think we could have a few major guys coming in if everything works out right.

Someone asked about Chubb. Chubb redshirted. That tells me he isn't very good. Knox was our post player. As bad as he was, whoever was behind him had to be really bad to not play any. I'd say Chubb probably is so bad he couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone asked about Chubb. Chubb redshirted. That tells me he isn't very good. Knox was our post player. As bad as he was, whoever was behind him had to be really bad to not play any. I'd say Chubb probably is so bad he couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie.

Have you ever watched an Auburn basketball game life??? If you had, you'd know that Chubb has talent..I aggree he's a project and should of been red shirteds but he could help with some inside depth in the years to come just because Lebo never developed a project doesn't mean Barbee won't. Try to refrain from bad mouthing players you've never seen. :wareagle:

PG Varez Ward

SG Frankie Sullivan

SF Earnest Ross

PF Luke Cothron

C Ty Armstrong

Langford, Malone, Forbes, and Payne coming off the bench.  Barbee is the real deal, the 5 newcomers I just mentioned will play, I see only 4 guys on our current team making the cut for playing time.

The only clear cut starter will be Frankie Sullivan. I however believe that Josh Langford and Cothron (if we land him) will be starters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PG...Chris Denson...6'2''

2 guard...Frankie Sullivan...6'1''

3 guard...Josh Langford...6'6''

4...Luke Cothran...6'8''

5...Shawn Kemp Jr. ...6'9''

This would be the tallest lineup we have had in a while, thats an average height of 6'5''!  Cothron and Kemp will finally give us big men who can hold their own in the SEC

P-Chris Denson

2-Frankie Sullivan

3-Kenny Gabriel

4-Luke Cothran

5-Shawn Kemp Jr.

That's how I see it. I think this team has a lot of potential, but I can't help noticing how we'll have everybody who plays this year back, plus whatever recruits Barbee brings in. That's plenty of time to build in basketball...

PG- Frankie Sullivan

SG- Josh Langford

SF- Kenny Gabriel

PF- Luke Cothron

C- Shawn Kemp Jr.

Denson is the first man off the bench. I can't wait to see his speed and quickness wreaking havoc on the court. Honestly, I could easily see him starting at point. I just put Frankie at the point and Gabriel at the 3 position to give a little more size and experience. Not downing Denson in the least though. I'm looking forward to watching him play.

I bet Kemp comes in a pushes for some playing time. 6'9 235 is a big dude! But all in all it looks like we'll have pretty decent size next year. It would be nice if we could get a true PG to come in cause thats position really dictates how well an offense can be run. Who was that little guy that played in spots for Reed last year? He had some good skills as a PG

The small PG that came in was Josh Wallace

• 2 months later...

1.Varez Ward

2.Frankie Sullivan

3.Earnest Ross or Joshua Langford

4.Ty Armstrong or Kenny Gabriel

5.Luke Cothron

:zapbama:

Now that Sullivan is out, who replaces him? Any more news on Ward coming to AU, and will he get a waiver to play this season?

1.Varez Ward

2.Frankie Sullivan

5.Luke Cothron

Now that Sullivan is out, who replaces him? Any more news on Ward coming to AU, and will he get a waiver to play this season?

I've heard we'll hear a definitive yes or no on Ward this week. With Frankie out for the year I believe Andre Malone  would take that position.

1.Varez Ward

2.Frankie Sullivan

5.Luke Cothron

I've heard we'll hear a definitive yes or no on Ward this week. With Frankie out for the year I believe Andre Malone  would take that position.

thats great news but were did you hear that from

Archived