Steele Wants Release

Auhsv

This article doesn`t include all of the comments of his coach. He said that Steele may still end up at Auburn but felt he needed to look around and couldn`t do that while under the LOI. I doubt he ends up still with AU but if he doesn`t, that does open up another slot that Barbee has for someone he`s feels can help us. Lets not jump all over a 17/18 year old kid. There are probably a lot of them that wish they could change after signing and them and the school regreted it later. That to me is a big negative to an early signing period. Kid signs and then is virtually stuck.

This wanting to look around crap is just that.  He didn't have a chance to look around BEFORE he signed last year??  Seriously???  He doesn't want to play for Barbee so let him go but on the condition he can't sign with another SEC school.  Other than that he comes to school and then when he transfers he has to sit for 2 years to go to another SEC school.  Let's not forget this kid also said schools (including uat) had contacted him about him getting out of his LOI.  That is a NCAA violation and we should have it investigated.

Well...Bye.

Nice "Tombstone" reference! It use often myself. :thumbsup:

Ton of great quotes from that movie. I love quotable movies. Kind of a geek about that kind of stuff.

:-[

Well...Bye.

Nice "Tombstone" reference! It use often myself. :thumbsup:

Ton of great quotes from that movie. I love quotable movies. Kind of a geek about that kind of stuff.

:-[

Yep, me too. That movie in particular has a boatload of great lines.

Let him go like you guys said, with conditions. If someone doesn't want to be at Auburn then we're good enough to find someone who does. I only want people who want to be with us....

Lebo signed six back in the fall. The word is that two are not good enough to play in the SEC, two probably won't make it into school (is Salter one of those) and now Steele has been given his release. That possibly leaves us with one out of six that can play in the SEC. As someone posted earlier, most of the good players signed back in the fall. We are not likely to bring in much talent for the upcoming season.

Archived