BARBEE?

aupops2

Has anyone else noticed we haven't heard a thing from him since his hiring, other than the letter?  This probably is a good thing because he probably is recruiting,  but just saying...

He's busy working as a commentator on CBS's College Sports channel. He'll be doing that until the final four is over.

IIRC, there is a dead period in BB recruiting right now anyway. Most coaches attend the final four and socialize this time of year, unless their team is still alive in the tournament..

I've yet to see coach Barbee on CBS since we hired him.

It's not the main CBS channel, it's the CBS College Sports channel. 152 on Dishnet.

Wonder if we'll have some assistant coaches sometime this week?

That's what i've been waiting to hear news on. As good as he may be, he can't do this job alone. I'm thinking he's conducting interviews as well as sorting out the situation with the assistants he left at UTEP on top of meeting with the current signees we have.

That's what i've been waiting to hear news on. As good as he may be, he can't do this job alone. I'm thinking he's conducting interviews as well as sorting out the situation with the assistants he left at UTEP on top of meeting with the current signees we have.

Unless things change, expect both Tony Madlock and Milt Wagner to join Barbee's staff.  They were both assistants under Cal, along with Barbee. They then followed Barbee to UTEP.  Both are dynamic recruiters with ties in the talent rich Memphis area.  Also, Wagner is the father of former Memphis star DeJuan Wagner.

Coach Barbee was on JOX Roundtable today! Sounds like he has a good plan. Can't wait to see what our bball tigers can do next season! War Eagle!

Unless things change, expect both Tony Madlock and Milt Wagner to join Barbee's staff.  They were both assistants under Cal, along with Barbee. They then followed Barbee to UTEP.  Both are dynamic recruiters with ties in the talent rich Memphis area.  Also, Wagner is the father of former Memphis star DeJuan Wagner.

I hope you are right!  I would love to see them both come aboard at AU!

He would have his recruiting powerhouse in place working for us.

:thumbsup:

Archived