ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

I prefer Prado to lead off and mclouth batting 2nd because Nate can bunt and moving the runner over while prado is better at getting on base. That also allows jhey to hit 6th so he can knock in everybody

Well I hope this not striking out in spring training carries over to the regular season for McClouth, because he was constantly striking out last year. And the number 2 hitter has to be able to make contact. A number 2 hitter needs to be able to bunt, hit and run, hit a ground ball to second base to score a run from third, hit sac flies when needed...not strike out. So I hope McClouth's improvement translates over to real games

Well I hope this not striking out in spring training carries over to the regular season for McClouth, because he was constantly striking out last year. And the number 2 hitter has to be able to make contact. A number 2 hitter needs to be able to bunt, hit and run, hit a ground ball to second base to score a run from third, hit sac flies when needed...not strike out. So I hope McClouth's improvement translates over to real games

Good call, If he does improve, that could be huge.

No doubt...but the plus is that if Nate is to struggle when the season rolls around, we have some options. I think Schafer is still a really good prospect, and if Wilkin Ramirez is able to finally live up to his massive potential, he can certainly fill in as well. That's not to say I don't think McClouth will bounce back, just that we're covered regardless.

I prefer Prado to lead off and mclouth batting 2nd because Nate can bunt and moving the runner over while prado is better at getting on base. That also allows jhey to hit 6th so he can knock in everybody

Either one can handle the lead off spot,assuming Nate can live up to what he did with the Pirates.McClouth has a better speed than Prado and is more of a threat to steal.I believe Martin may be more comfortable in the two hole,but hes a professional hitter,and can handle lead off,the two hole or even third if Chipper cant go on certain days.

Prado is probably the MVP of the Braves IMO.He can play several positions well,and can hit in numerous spots in the order.He's a stud.

We really need another big year out of Prado. I hope he wasn't a one-year wonder because he will be a huge help this year if he can hit around .300

Yea, I hope he has a great year because he is one of my favorite players.  Prado has consistantly hit over .300 the past three years. 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/pradoma01.shtml

We really need another big year out of Prado. I hope he wasn't a one-year wonder because he will be a huge help this year if he can hit around .300

He's not a one year wonder. We might see a little drop off (I doubt it, just acknowledging that sometimes it happens), but the guy can flat out hit. He had to earn his stripes all the way up, even had to platoon for a couple of years before finally convincing management that he belonged, but he has what it takes.

Good read here about Venters and Kimbrel sharing the closer's role for the time being.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2011/news/story?id=6249782

I personally think that Venters would be best as the set up man, because I think he can go for longer than Kimbrel can, and use Kimbrel to shut it down in the 9th.

Good read here about Venters and Kimbrel sharing the closer's role for the time being.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2011/news/story?id=6249782

I personally think that Venters would be best as the set up man, because I think he can go for longer than Kimbrel can, and use Kimbrel to shut it down in the 9th.

I agree,I think as the season goes along,Venters will become the set up man and Kimbrel will be the closer,it could be a leathal combonation.

Just heard this today. The Braves may be up for sale next year. Liberty Mutual purchased them in 2007 and all the tax benefits will end in 2012. Currently the Braves are valued at $482 million, which ranks them 13th in baseball. I'm not concern about them moving but would be concerned who purchase them. Just hope whoever it is will have tons of $$$$ to keep it up with the big boys.

Just heard this today. The Braves may be up for sale next year. Liberty Mutual purchased them in 2007 and all the tax benefits will end in 2012. Currently the Braves are valued at $482 million, which ranks them 13th in baseball. I'm not concern about them moving but would be concerned who purchase them. Just hope whoever it is will have tons of $$$$ to keep it up with the big boys.

C'mon Mr. Blank... or someone who's willing to pony up and be our next Ted Turner! 

I wouldnt mind having someone that will fork out some money as opposed to being a cheapskate. Then we could really be dominant and sign some FAs occasionally!

Here's a bit of an update. Proctor has been vanquished finally, Young, Hicks, and Conrad take the final 3 backup roles, JJ will not start a regular season game until April 6th, if he doesn't start the season on the DL. Right now it's just wait and see for him. First game is Thursday. Who else is ridiculously excited?