NHL???

Guest Autiger88

Losing Sturm and Krejci have seriously hurt our offense.  Thankfully Julien has molded this team into a defensive force.  I am just amazed at how good Tuukka's goaltending has been. 

I am hoping we pull it out Monday and can get some rest.  I hate the thought of playing the Pens in the next round if we move on, but I can not in good conscience pull for the Habs to win, ever.

:dunno:

TungstenGT I like your style bud, I agree. I could never pull for the Habs. I'm hoping the Pens put them out of my misery Monday. They have already stuck around too long. the Pens looked great Saturday. I'm hoping they bring that fire back Monday night. Glad the wings got the boot too. I can't stand them. I have wanted to see the Bruins/Pens mach up all playoff long.

GT, I've been wondering how you became a fan of all the Boston teams as I am? Didn't know if you grew up in the area or what? Personally, I grew up watching Larry Bird and fell in love with the Celtics, then I was a huge fan of Cheers, and eventually fell in love with the Red Sox. But born and raised around Auburn. No other reason I'm a fan. Your deal?

GT, I've been wondering how you became a fan of all the Boston teams as I am? Didn't know if you grew up in the area or what? Personally, I grew up watching Larry Bird and fell in love with the Celtics, then I was a huge fan of Cheers, and eventually fell in love with the Red Sox. But born and raised around Auburn. No other reason I'm a fan. Your deal?

People ask me all the time if I am from Boston, MA because of my sports loyalties.  It's kind of funny how it happened.  I grew up in South Florida.   A great deal of people down there are from the NY/NJ area, as most of my family was also from there.   All of my older relatives were die-hard Yankees fans, except for my Grandfather, (who loved to be the fly in the ointment.)  He was a die-hard Red Sox fan and passed that on to me when he and I watched the Reds/Red Sox world series together on TV.   (You have to realize at the time, south Florida only had the Dolphins as a pro team.)   Later I got into Basketball, and I was amazed at Larry Bird.  My love for the Celtics is due to him, and it seemed cool that 2 of my favorite teams were both from Boston.  When I started looking into the NHL, there was a great named Cam Neely, and this time I just thought it was natural to pick the Boston team in that sport as well.  Neely, Ray Bourque, Adam Oates, etc all cemented my love for the Black and Gold spoked B.  (How does someone in sunny south Florida become a Hockey fan?  There are a lot of people in south Florida from Canada as well.)

There you have it...    :dunno:

Now come on Bruins!  Finish off the Flyers and get some rest so you can meet the Pens/Habs winner!

;D

(The IPA fan is purely based on taste...I will be having some of that tonight when the Bruins game comes on.)

:thumbsup:

WOO HOOOOOO!! It's Hockey Night!!!!

GO PENS!!!! CLOSE IT OUT!!!!

What is the deal with the ref's not letting em fight it out during this years playoffs?

Well, Game 7 in Pittsburgh. Think that if the ref wasn't an idiot in the first period and didn't call that scoring play dead as the puck crossed the goal we would be getting ready to go into overtime right now.

Shakes head, How do you lose site of a puck that is moving around in front of the net between 3 players and then in the net clean.

Game 6 in Philly...I hope that the Bruins put it on the Flyers....they should be embarrassed by what happened tonight.  What a cluster-F@*k!!!

Come on Lucic....fulfill your destiny to win this cup!!!

Wow! How about Montreal?! Two major upsets for them. Last night's game against the pens just shows again how little home ice seems to mean and how hard it is to repeat as champions. I would not want to be facing the Habs now - some of the old ghosts from the forum seem to have returned after lying dormant since '93. It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

I would want to face them.  It means my Bruins won game 7 on Friday.

;D

Sorry Tungsten, J, 88, and other Boston fans. I really do feel for you guys. That one seriously stings. Be sure to stay away from any Flyers fans - they are obnoxious enough without reason, now they will reach a whole new level. If it's any consolation, I will be shocked if Philly ends up winning it all.

Absolutely ridiculous to come out and dominate 3/4 of a series and have the same team come back 4 straight on you. I can understand a drop back because they are gonna make adjustments but you cannot convince me that Philly is the better team. Snowman, you are right, and that seems to be a trend in Philly to be an obnoxious fan. They are that way in all pro sports.

I was deeply disappointed and hurt that we lost that series.  Some things just take a lot of time to get over and losing to the Flyers after being up by 3 games and in game 7 being up by 3 goals is going to take some time. 

I can take some consolation.  Number one among them is the fact that I don't think with the health of the team, we would have moved past the Habs...and nothing in the world is worse for a Bruins fan than to lose to the Habs.  (If you don't know hockey...it's like the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry.)

I also feel that Boston did way better than anyone thought they would.  (Who thought they would get past Buffalo and Ryan Miller?)

Lastly, I remember back to 2003 and how I felt when Aaron *bleeping* Boone hit that HR to beat the Red Sox in the playoffs.  I was devastated that the Sox had once again failed to make it to the championship.  That's how I feel today.  I also remember how I felt in 2004 when my beloved Sox beat the Yankees and Cardinal to win the WS.  Nothing could have tasted sweeter than how good it was to win that year.  I think all the heartache that my beloved Bruins have put me through these last 2 years will make the Stanley Cup that much sweeter next year.  ;)

(Also, the Bruins have the number 2 pick in the upcoming draft..so we get either Hall or Seguin.  As for running into a Flyers fan....are you serious?  I have yet to run into anyone who doesn't look at me like I am from Mars if I mention NHL or Hockey...it seems no one in Birmingham even follows the game.  Flyers won't get past the Habs anyways.)

Yeah, I wasn't sure of your location, but no, not gonna find too many hockey fanatics anywhere in the south, especially B'ham. I would love to keep the NHL thread going as much as I enjoy the game. I will also be surprised if the Flyers get past the Habs, but they have already made it further than I thought they would. Having the #2 pick is sweet, must have been a trade I'm forgetting about.

Yeah, I wasn't sure of your location, but no, not gonna find too many hockey fanatics anywhere in the south, especially B'ham. I would love to keep the NHL thread going as much as I enjoy the game. I will also be surprised if the Flyers get past the Habs, but they have already made it further than I thought they would. Having the #2 pick is sweet, must have been a trade I'm forgetting about.

We traded Phil Kessel last offseason to the Toronto Maple Leafs for the Leafs first- and second-round pick in the 2010 draft, plus a first-round pick in the 2011 draft.

I think it was a win-win situation for both teams. 

I am drooling at the prospect of Hall or Seguin for next year.  I agree the Flyers are not getting past the Habs.  B'ham has to have some hockey fans...the city used to have the Birmingham Bulls a while back.  I just can't find any fans of hockey here.  :dunno:

It was stunning when Bruins collapsed. It was like Boston-NY all over again. Habs should definitely take the series over Flyers, setting up a Chicago-Montreal SC.

• 2 weeks later...

Epic fail or not, the Bruins are looking good for next year.  They over reached this year, so I can't be too upset.

On another note:  Habs ran out of that "Cinderella" magic.  I think the Flyers will too.  I think the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup this year.  I have no problem with that.

:dunno:

Archived