Next Year's Lineup???

I was at the game today wondering who all will be back next year.  I know the consensus is that Fletcher and Morris are leaving early.  What do you guys think about Mummey, Patterson, Nelson and Dayton?  If we could return all those guys I think we will keep improving next year, is that unrealistic expecting them 4 to be back?

i don't have any inside knowledge to back this statement up but i wouldn't be surprised to see Mummey leave... he has consistently developed since his freshman year that i could see a team taking him high enough that he would come out. As for the others, you can never tell it will just depend on what exactly they are looking for in their pro career. BUT that is just my two cents worth

I was at the game today wondering who all will be back next year.  I know the consensus is that Fletcher and Morris are leaving early.  What do you guys think about Mummey, Patterson, Nelson and Dayton?  If we could return all those guys I think we will keep improving next year, is that unrealistic expecting them 4 to be back?

Big surprise if Morris is back. Main thing to me is hoping the JUCO guys we have signed don`t go pro. We have a couple of guys signed that could really help out to fill that void.

From knowing most of the guys on the team and a few of the outstanding jr's I would say that most if not all of the offensive guys will go to the draft. Of course this is dependent on where they get drafted. But Morris, Patterson, Mummey, and Fletcher will probably not be back next year. The pitchers I would say are a toss up with Dayton having the best chance of going

Mummey is exactly what they look for. Lots of speed, good arm and good hitter with power. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first Auburn player taken.

Like was posted above, I think the top four hitters all go, and the big question is can we hang on to our JUCO signees.

If there is anything that will be a major knock on Fletcher, it will be his arm... or lack of arm strength.  He makes accurate throws, but he has a relatively weak arm for a corner OF.

I dont see any way possible that Morris isn't the first player drafted. According to baseball america he is the #1 first baseman in the nation. And he was drafted in the 2nd round out of high school so his draft stock has got to be the highest. I dont see him going any later than the 1st round. As for the rest its a toss up

Archived