Are we officially in the tourney?

I have been hesitant to assume we'll be in the tournament as I have chosen to pull against Kentucky, State, and Tennessee.  Now that we just took a series from Arkansas on the road, can we leave these worries behind and start focusing on what Arkansas, LSU and Ole Miss are doing?  We're in line for a 5 seed, sneaking ahead of Arkansas or Ole Miss would be huge as I believe 2 teams in the West will host regionals.  Should we start looking in front of us and not behind?

We should be in, barring a catastrophic collapse.

Arky and Ole Miss play next week, I think... we still have a series vs. Ole Miss, that we need to win.  We need to sweep Tennessee and/or Miss St.

Win, and everything else will take care of itself.

Without a total collapse, we're in the SEC tournament. That's not much of a trick, all it takes is finishing in the top 2/3 of the league. The embarrassment of not being there year after year has got to stop.

I don't think we host a regional. To do that our pitching will have to ramp up enough to win two or three in Hoover. Anything is possible, but we need more than one dependable pitcher.

Without a total collapse, we're in the SEC tournament. That's not much of a trick, all it takes is finishing in the top 2/3 of the league. The embarrassment of not being there year after year has got to stop.

I don't think we host a regional. To do that our pitching will have to ramp up enough to win two or three in Hoover. Anything is possible, but we need more than one dependable pitcher.

I know.....what happened to Nelson?  Dude just hasn't been able to get it done.

Archived