Not a conspiracy theorist, but...

El_Cid2001

Not that it matters, but last week I looked up Luke Cothran on Rivals and he was #8 at position and #33 overall.  Today he's #11 at position and #45 overall.  When did rivals reevaluate the players?  I was just a little surprised at that.

Since Rivals is a bammer created site, run by a bammer, that should answer your question. Really I'm not sure but that is interesting. 

Rivals released their final 150 rankings yesterday. Several players moved around including the Knight kid that signed with Kentucky dropping from 1 to 4 I think. I just can not quite figure out how Josh Langford is supposed to be the #1 player in AL yet rivals has 3 or 4 players from AL in the 150 and he is not in it.  :dunno:

Rivals released their final 150 rankings yesterday. Several players moved around including the Knight kid that signed with Kentucky dropping from 1 to 4 I think. I just can not quite figure out how Josh Langford is supposed to be the #1 player in AL yet rivals has 3 or 4 players from AL in the 150 and he is not in it.  :dunno:

He's number 1 according to the bham news. I like espn's bball rankings. I believe Harrison Barnes is the #1 player in the nation.

Not sure about 'conspiracy' but - when DeAngelo Benton signed with Auburn he was rated a 5-star.  An hour or two AFTER he signed he was rated a 4-star.  I don't know why that happens, but it seems rather odd that it does.

As retarded and frustrating as that fact may be, DeAngelo didn't lose any talent when it happened.  I really hope to see a little more from he and Emory both this year.  We've got so many weapons at WR its going to be hard to spread the love around!

Not sure about 'conspiracy' but - when DeAngelo Benton signed with Auburn he was rated a 5-star.  An hour or two AFTER he signed he was rated a 4-star.  I don't know why that happens, but it seems rather odd that it does.

He was not a 5* during the 2009 signing class rankings. In 2008 he was a 5*, and in 2009 the dropped him to a 4* because he didn't play (and didn't practice?) any during the 2008 season. I followed his recruiting very carefully, and I'm 100% positive.

As the others have said, regardless of where Cothron was going he was going to be dropped those 8 spots. It's not like 8 spots makes a difference anyways.

He was not a 5* during the 2009 signing class rankings. In 2008 he was a 5*, and in 2009 the dropped him to a 4* because he didn't play (and didn't practice?) any during the 2008 season. I followed his recruiting very carefully, and I'm 100% positive.

As the others have said, regardless of where Cothron was going he was going to be dropped those 8 spots. It's not like 8 spots makes a difference anyways.

^This^  I meant to comment on this earlier but got busy and forgot.

He will be same kid coming to AU regardless of his rank.  Just knowing that Cothron and Langford will suit up next year simply amazes me. 

As retarded and frustrating as that fact may be, DeAngelo didn't lose any talent when it happened.  I really hope to see a little more from he and Emory both this year.  We've got so many weapons at WR its going to be hard to spread the love around!

I agree.  As long as the talent comes to AU, I don't care what they are ranked.  I'm not much of a star watcher, as much as a player watcher.  I want the best fit for AU in all sports (though I mostly follow football).  I just happened across it and found it interesting.  I had thought Rivals was done with their rerankings.  I didn't realize that they were finishing up.  Cothran is a huge pick up regardless!

Was it a bammer conspiracy when Coleman got upgraded to 5 stars or Jake Holland to 4?

No it wasn't, but remember Ed Christian got dropped to a 3 star at the same time Jake Holland got bumped to a 4.  Christian didn't have a great showing in post season.  Coleman got bumped up because he dominated the post season.  Jake Holland got bumped up because of the hype from AU fans really pumping him up on Rivals.  I think Holland got the 4th star that he deserved.  Holland is probably one of the top 5 signees that we got last year (that and LaDarius Owens).

Players get bumped up and they get bumped down. It happens all the time. It is not a "bammer conspiracy." By the way, Shannon Terry, the guy who started Rivals, sold it some time back. We don't make ourselves look like anything other than paranoid when we're always crying "bammer conspiracy." I hate bammer. They are a couple of levels below pond scum in my opinion. That does not mean everything is a bammer conspiracy.

Players get bumped up and they get bumped down. It happens all the time. It is not a "bammer conspiracy." By the way, Shannon Terry, the guy who started Rivals, sold it some time back. We don't make ourselves look like anything other than paranoid when we're always crying "bammer conspiracy." I hate bammer. They are a couple of levels below pond scum in my opinion. That does not mean everything is a bammer conspiracy.

I agree, 110%. Everytime I hear someone bring up another "bammer conspiracy" theory against Auburn, all I can do is laugh. Nobody is trying to conspire against AU and our athletic programs. Please stop with all the conspiracy stuff. Plus, Rivals is owned by Yahoo.

I don't think anyone here was saying it's a bammer conspiracy.  I said that I thought Rivals was done with their evaluation of b-ball players (since the seasons ended ages ago).  There was no new information on players in the last several weeks to warrant a reevaluation.  I thought it was interesting that they did a reevaluation.  Yes Rivals is now owned by Yahoo.  Shannon Terry sold it in 2006 or 2007 (I think), but maintained control of the site until 2009.  Yahoo is trying to combat ESPN and take a much larger share of the online sports market than they previously had.  Thus they have purchased many internet sites. 

I don't know about continuous conspiracy theories from bammers, but I am convinced Nick Satan thinks he has us down where he wants us, and in his mind is doing everything possible to keep his foot on our necks!!

He is a WORM!!! :zapbama:

I hope we take the approach that "everyone is out to get us", because we need to have a mean, "boot on their throat" attitude.  Everyones' out to get everyone else: they are the enemy, they need to be destroyed and left in ruins, take no prisoners.  "They" are not UA, LSU,or UGA, it's all of them.  Forget conspiracy, let's just be tougher, more talented, and smarter, the rest will take care of itself.

Since we are talking about basektball, it is refreshing to know AU has some shore-nuff talent coming to the plains to open the new arena. I mean, how long has it been since AU fans had real reason to be excited about the upcoming season?

:believe::party::bananadance::yay:

Since we are talking about basektball, it is refreshing to know AU has some shore-nuff talent coming to the plains to open the new arena. I mean, how long has it been since AU fans had real reason to be excited about the upcoming season?

:believe::party::bananadance::yay:

It's been about a decade now...

Archived