Recruiting Character

WarEagle231

The hot word at Auburn right now is of course "Family". Every recruit that commits mentions the Family feeling there is at Auburn. This type of atmosphere attracts kids who care about being part of a family which includes treating people with respect and getting respected in return.  This is the direct opposite of being a drink'n, drug'n, and thug'n type kid. 

In other words, Auburn's "Family" atmosphere attracts high character guys and repels low character guys.  This is why we are seeing so many lifelong Alabama fans commit to Auburn.  They want to be somewhere that they can respect and that respects them.  It's amazing to me that Chizik has put Auburn on the Recruiting map again by simply emphasizing this culture.  Auburn is gaining a great nationwide reputation and I love it!

The hot word at Auburn right now is of course "Family". Every recruit that commits mentions the Family feeling there is at Auburn. This type of atmosphere attracts kids who care about being part of a family which includes treating people with respect and getting respected in return.  This is the direct opposite of being a drink'n, drug'n, and thug'n type kid. 

In other words, Auburn's "Family" atmosphere attracts high character guys and repels low character guys.  This is why we are seeing so many lifelong Alabama fans commit to Auburn.  They want to be somewhere that they can respect and that respects them.  It's amazing to me that Chizik has put Auburn on the Recruiting map again by simply emphasizing this culture.  Auburn is gaining a great nationwide reputation and I love it!

DWWD!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My youngest son is an AU grad who is serving in the military (Navy-Ensign). So is my daughter (Army Major).  He recently returned from a long deployment and is in San Diego.  He was at a restaurant and had an Auburn shirt on.  The table next to him had six people with USC, San Diego State and one with Washington State shirts on.  One turned to him and asked him "how the Auburn Family was doing?"  Yep, even the PAC-10 and others in the West have heard of it.

My youngest son is an AU grad who is serving in the military (Navy-Ensign). So is my daughter (Army Major).  He recently returned from a long deployment and is in San Diego.  He was at a restaurant and had an Auburn shirt on.  The table next to him had six people with USC, San Diego State and one with Washington State shirts on.  One turned to him and asked him "how the Auburn Family was doing?"  Yep, even the PAC-10 and others in the West have heard of it.

Ok, so I'm not really amazed at the success Chizik has had selling the culture of Auburn (anybody who's ever been there knows what I mean), but west coasters knowing enough to call Auburn a family DOES shock me a bit...

:o  on the other hand  :we:

This is also why you will see some high star value players go elsewhere.  They just don't fit with the Auburn Family.  That's a good thing.

This is also why you will see some high star value players go elsewhere.  They just don't fit with the Auburn Family.  That's a good thing.

Not good that they don't fit in, obviously, but good that they go elsewhere if they don't.

This just underscores how good a job Chizik really is doing with recruiting. Tubs did a great job of building the foundation of character and talent after Tater Tot left, but CGC has taken the talent level up a notch while maintaining the integrity of the program.

Archived