2012 Georgia DB Geno Smith

Tiger Growlin

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever it was a page or so back that said we still look good with Geno, along with Trae Elston and one other top DB...good Lord. Last year's DB class with the potential of this year's class. Our secondary will be back up at the top of the SEC FAST!!!

Now we just gotta get the LB core back up....

Jake Holland played well last year, Ladarius Owens redshirted and will be in the mix this year, Kris Frost is a beast, and Cassanova McKinzy is already on board for this year...I think we're doing ok. ;)

Whoever it was a page or so back that said we still look good with Geno, along with Trae Elston and one other top DB...good Lord. Last year's DB class with the potential of this year's class. Our secondary will be back up at the top of the SEC FAST!!!

Jake Holland played well last year, Ladarius Owens redshirted and will be in the mix this year, Kris Frost is a beast, and Cassanova McKinzy is already on board for this year...I think we're doing ok. ;)

Are we certain Frost will end up at LB?? I know he was hoping for a chance at receiver...I would love for his athleticism to end up at LB.

Are we certain Frost will end up at LB?? I know he was hoping for a chance at receiver...I would love for his athleticism to end up at LB.

Yeah, he's going to end up at LB. I saw an interview where he made a half-hearted attempt at sounding like he thought he had a legitimate chance at WR, but said he would probably end up on defense. This, IMO, is the reason he was so set on Michigan. It wasn't that he was a UM fan growing up (not saying that isn't true, just that it's not the reason), it was that RichRod was recruiting him to play receiver.

In other words, he'll get the same shot at WR that Demond Washington got at RB: he'll be allowed to practice there long enough to figure out why he was recruited as a linebacker rather than a receiver, which will probably only take a day or two.

I thought so too. I didn't know they did stuff like this.  It's a moderated chat.. so we probably won't get many hints as to where he'll end up

Not too sure, googling his name comes up with his posts on different team's sites (FSU and UGA were just two that I saw). Maybe he's more of a southeast regional guy?

How far up his list does AUBURN stand. Anyone?  :dunno: :dunno:

pretty high 1 or 2

Sorry please combine to the already started topic my memorial weekend started today cheers to all of you that ensure our freedom  :party: :party:

Is that s secondary violation to let a recruit wear game day attire

----------------------

No, you can not simulate game day situations, nameplates on the lockers, etc...

Is that s secondary violation to let a recruit wear game day attire

I think as long as Smith's name is not on the back it's okay. Some loophole that everyone uses ha.

Also, I think if they were to line up the recruits in formation that would "simulate a game-like environment" and therefore be a violation. Random factoid for your friday

EDIT: danggit.. sorry auinmadison.. ya beat me to it

Archived