2012 Georgia DB Geno Smith

Tiger Growlin

Geno Smith/ St. Pius GA. 5'11 175lbs 4.6 40. Holding offers from AU, Va. Tech and Louisville. Said to be a true cover corner. One of the top recruits in Georgia for 2012.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-school-sports/2010/05/25/st-pius-db-geno-smith-has-early-scholarship-offer-from-auburn-one-of-georgias-top-prospects-for-2012/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Geno-Smith-109646

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info. 4.6 40? Not really corner speed, but he obviously has talent getting offers from VT and AU

Not so fast my friend. Watch his highlight film, then tell me what you think. I'm impressed. He's a hard hitter, good tackler, has good closing speed, and made great play after great play on that reel. The reel also says he has 4.5 speed. Just a little faster.

Thanks for the info. 4.6 40? Not really corner speed, but he obviously has talent getting offers from VT and AU

Not so fast my friend. Watch his highlight film, then tell me what you think. I'm impressed. He's a hard hitter, good tackler, has good closing speed, and made great play after great play on that reel. The reel also says he has 4.5 speed. Just a little faster.

Didnt see the vid link before. But wow, he looks very impressive. He's got game-speed thats for sure, and youre right about his tackling ability and hard hitting. Glad we're jumping on him early!

He has good reaction time and does not get out of position. A smart player can make up a couple of tenths by not being out of position. He has what a lot of people call football speed. Looks like a great cover corner to me.

well, concerning the 4.6 speed.  Some people run better when they have a goal.  I run faster when dogs are chasing me or when im having fun ;D   

40 times are very fickle. I know from experience that there are so many factors that can affect it. Are you running on grass, turf, or a track? Are you being timed by a stopwatch or lasers? Does the person using the stopwatch start it on your first movement? Does he have a quick finger? Did you run it cold or did you warm up? I feel that the only 40 times that are credible are ones that are done at official events run by professionals (Scout Combines, Nike Camps, NFL Combine are some) and not ones that are done by the assistant water boy at Joe Bob High School. In my opinion, too much stock is put into 40 times, yet for potential NFL players, millions of dollars rides on it. Rarely in a game is a player going to be able to run 40 yards straight ahead without anyone laying a finger on him.

Just my opinion.

Let's not forget that while it is true that he runs a 4.6 forty, he is also 15 or 16 years old.  He still has 2 years left of high school where he will get faster naturally as he gets older, as he is probably not done growing yet.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope we can land him, I think he may be the most college ready CB in this class.  But right now I think its between Bama and UGA

He cut his list to 4 today. 1. Turds 2. UT 3. Florida St. 4. Notre Dame

Guess money really does talk.

I hope we can land him, I think he may be the most college ready CB in this class.  But right now I think its between Bama and UGA

He's not the kid with the iPods last week at thUGa is he?

He's not the kid with the iPods last week at thUGa is he?

Deion Bonner.

Archived