2012 Georgia DB Geno Smith

Tiger Growlin

Is that s secondary violation to let a recruit wear game day attire

I think as long as Smith's name is not on the back it's okay. Some loophole that everyone uses ha. 

Also, I think if they were to line up the recruits in formation that would "simulate a game-like environment" and therefore be a violation. Random factoid for your friday

EDIT: danggit.. sorry auinmadison.. ya beat me to it

Yep, Ga lined up Crowell in formation and got secondary violations for it.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that has secondary violation written all over it. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong. Hope so.

If it is a violation, we've never reported it because we do it all the time.  It becomes a violation once the jersey's have names on them or if you put the player's names on lockers or something like that.  Everybody gives them jerseys.

I believe that has secondary violation written all over it. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong. Hope so.

I am 1000% sure that you are wrong, every school does this.  :o :o :o :o

If all they did was put him in shoulder pads and a numbered jersey, then no, it's not a violation of any sort.

Good!

Good!

As long as the recruits name isnt on the Jersey it isnt a violation!

He is in the same school as my kids, StPiusX. He does a lot of good things on both sides of the ball. I would be real proud to see him go to Auburn. We need more Catholic kids at Auburn.

Good!

As long as the recruits name isnt on the Jersey it isnt a violation!

Pologuy is right as long as they don't put the players name on the jersey or a locker it is fine.  Arky got in trouble for this because they had the names of recruits on lockers thereby simulating a gameday experience.

Absolutely not a violation!

Relax and enjoy the weekend...

He is in the same school as my kids, StPiusX. He does a lot of good things on both sides of the ball. I would be real proud to see him go to Auburn. We need more Catholic kids at Auburn.

Smith was asked if there was a Catholic connection that may favor Notre Dame. “No, actually I’m Baptist,” Smith said with a laugh.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/05/25/geno-smith-says-leaders-are-notre-dame-alabama-auburn-texas-and-tennessee/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

:( Hate to tell you this but....

Per the AJC:

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Smith attends St. Pius, a private Catholic school in Atlanta. Smith was asked if there was a Catholic connection that may favor Notre Dame. “No, actually I’m Baptist,” Smith said with a laugh. “I like the coaches from Notre Dame; they have a great football program with a lots of history.”

Well if he is not Catholic that is fine because I am not either. I just like the school!

:laugh:

This is done every year and we've never gotten in trouble for it.

It's not a violation. We ain't the only ones that do it.

(Gave Wright)

Archived